Chris Eubank Jnr - why the sudden noise?

The_budweiser

Chris Eubank Jnr never really made a lot of noise under Warren.

Seems to be making a lot of noise recently under new promoter Eddie Hearn - Do you think that's down to the promoter or the fighter?

Recent headlines suggest Eubank said he can replace pound for pound king Mayweather. Now, he is mentioning GGG and how he is gunning for him. He is also speaking out about Spike O'Sullivan when before (under warren) he said Spike wasn't on his level.

It was similar with Joshua. Hearn said a fight would happen with Haye in 2015 (doesn't look likely) and Joshua-Fury would happen this summer.

Re: Chris Eubank Jnr - why the sudden noise?

Eubank Sr: Junior and Eddie can replicate my success with Barry

Chris Eubank Sr. believes his son and Eddie Hearn can reach the heights he hit with Barry Hearn as Eubank Jr. makes his Sky Sports debut against Tony Jeter at the Sheffield Arena tomorrow night, live on Sky Sports.

Eubank Sr. and Barry Hearn enjoyed success and fame in the late 80s and early 90s as Eubank filled stadiums and arenas in World title fights at Middleweight and Super Middleweight, recording huge TV audiences for his blockbuster events masterminded by the hall of fame promoter.

Read more: Eubank Sr: Junior and Eddie can replicate my success with Barry - - Boxing News - Ring News24

It's all marketing hype to try and drum up interest for his next fight.

Yes it is but don't you think its ill-advised (maybe Snr) and is alienating him from the British public who should be getting behind him? I personally couldn't stand his father and I cant stand Jnr either - simply because of all this bollox. He conducted himself like a fool in the lead up to the BJS fight which I could have stomached if he hadn't then gone and lost!

I stick by what I said originally though, BJS has just about peaked, but I do think Chris Jnr will go on to have a better and longer career than BJS.

FFS son get rid of your old man from the scene................

Yes it is but don't you think its ill-advised (maybe Snr) and is alienating him from the British public who should be getting behind him? I personally couldn't stand his father and I cant stand Jnr either - simply because of all this bollox. He conducted himself like a fool in the lead up to the BJS fight which I could have stomached if he hadn't then gone and lost!

I stick by what I said originally though, BJS has just about peaked, but I do think Chris Jnr will go on to have a better and longer career than BJS.

FFS son get rid of your old man from the scene................

I liked Snr whilst he was active. I agree his obnoxious behaviour can rub people up the wrong way, but I just saw that as a marketing gimmick pretty much the same as Tyson Fury, you either love him or hate him.

As for Jnr, his carbon copy of his dad's obnoxious behaviour totally rubs me up the wrong way. Step out of your father's shadow, be your own man, and FFS, don't let him ponce about in the ring between rounds. He can learn a lot from his dad, but Snr definitely needs to step back and let him make his own legacy.

Chris Eubank changes his name to 'English' - to stop being confused with his son

Chris Eubank Jr's burgeoning fame ahead of his World Boxing Association Interim middleweight title defence prompts his father into radical action

Explaining his decision to Sky Sports, he said: "It's just that it's easier to call me that because Junior, when people call him 'Chris', I look because I don't know who they're referring to.

"'Senior' is a name given to Floyd Mayweather Sr. 'English' may be easier. Plus, it was my father's nickname. He loved everything English and now I'm going to carry on the tradition."

There was a fair bit of hype when he was with Warren but it was mostly coming from Eubank Snr rather than the promoter.

He had to go a bit quiet following the loss to BJS to be fair, and now he has signed with the biggest and thus most vocal promoter about now so its no surprise we are hearing all about him again.

I used to enjoy watching Eubank in the 90s regardless of arrogance etc. I was at an age oblivious to all that. His in ring action was brilliant. I hope Jr can come back from the loss strong and puts on some good showings.