Judging/Scoring – Can Things Be Changed? [SPOILER]

The_budweiser

Motivation

Fresh from watching the valiant Ovill McKenzie fight to a draw in Argentina, a fight I felt was unfairly scored in the favour of the fighter, my mind quickly turned to how boxing contests that reach the final bell are decided.

For me, although not a complete robbery, the fight was clearly a victory for the Derby-based Jamaican. He showed some superb boxing skills and ended the fight dominating the final round.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Judging/Scoring – Can Things Be Changed?

TBF Bud, no. It happens just as much in this country as abroad. But lets face it, Ovill was never getting a decision in Argentina, was he? Malvinas et-al?

I clearly remember Froch vs Dirrell as I was on security (dressing rooms and outer perimeter) that night and absolutely no way on earth did Froch win that fight - even putting Derby and Nottm differences aside.

--- Dirrell one of the worst of talented modern squawkers who lack the bottle for the sport.

His performance against Froch was a disgrace to manhood. Just when I was gaining respect against Abraham he regressed to his normal chicken and was caught, trapped, and KTFO. Oh how he cried and spassed out as an entitled American to sway the crooked ref Cole who never even saw what happened he was so out of position.

Retired before shamelessly returning begging for a big money fight with Froch.

No, Bud, as long as commishes are political appointments and ABCs run by backwater crooks, be lucky to see 50% of fights judged fairly. Only 1% of the public cares about boxing, in effective, nobody cares.

Did you check out the Pedraza vs Cherry fight? Score it by a point or 2 either way, i won't complain. But holy hell talk about incompetent judging.

Things will never change if fans keep pretending it's simply incompetence, instead of obvious, outright corruption.

Of course, things will never change, anyway.

Did you check out the Pedraza vs Cherry fight? Score it by a point or 2 either way, i won't complain. But holy hell talk about incompetent judging.

Not watched that one yet but plenty have said Cherry got stiffed by the scorecards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk