British boxer of the year - Do you agree?

The_budweiser

Brook lands Boxer of the Year gong at BBBofC Awards

Kell Brook was named the Boxer of the Year by the British Boxing Board of Control in an awards ceremony in London on Friday night (September 25).

Brook landed the honour after a stellar 12 months of action where he won the IBF World Welterweight title in California last August and then after sustaining a horrific leg injury from a stabbing attack, returned to action this spring with successful stoppage defences over mandatory challenger Jo Jo Dan and Birmingham technician Frankie Gavin. Brook was unable to collect the award as he is deep in training camp in Spain for his third defence where he welcomes Argentine danger man Diego Chaves to Sheffield on October 24.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: British boxer of the year - Do you agree?

I certainly agree. No one else in the running or at his level of competence. The Porter win was the most important on Kell's resumé.

The argument for McDonnell falls down on the form-book as he's fought no one - people will say "he's beaten Kameda twice", and tbh in my opinion, Kameda's garbage. Kameda's fought no one either - he only beat Hernandez on a SD who's lost 11 of his 30 fights.

Re: British boxer of the year - Do you agree?

Yes I agree. Can't think of anyone else who deserves it.

Looking forward to seeing him on the 24th against Chevaz and to really get in the mix with the welterweight division.

Well done the Special 1.

Edited by Female Money Mayweather Fan