Coconuts: Can Teddy Atlas make Bradley a better fighter?

WelshDevilRob

Tim has tweeted: "I would like to welcome Mr. Teddy Atlas to Team Bradley as we prepare for my first title defense fight November 7th against Brandon Rios!" ‪#‎bradleyrios‬ HBO Boxing Top Rank Boxing

--------------------

Does this mean that Teddy is head trainer or just helping out? Will he help or hinder Tim?

11986475_946487885397892_150751516324118071_n.jpg?oh=bbdb68dc4c81b3d9f544903afd7e7a68&oe=567293B7

Re: Coconuts: Can Teddy Atlas make Bradley a better fighter?

Be nice to see Tim stop taking punches he could avoid if he used his skills as a natural outside fighter, and win his fights that way. I mean, yeah, to some that'd be boring, but he'd be extending his career, while taking less damage.

Be nice to see Tim stop taking punches he could avoid if he used his skills as a natural outside fighter, and win his fights that way. I mean, yeah, to some that'd be boring, but he'd be extending his career, while taking less damage.

--- Tim was athletic based until manny took his legs and confidence.

His wife is running the show now, not loony teddy who I doubt makes it out of training camp. Chavez will only further his damage. Time for a soft landing and retirement.

I don't think anyone really knows what Atlas is like as a trainer.

However, it's pretty clear that he has an excellent grasp of technique and strategy. Whether he can use that knowledge to improve an already good fighter is another story altogether. Understanding theory and effectively applying theory are two different things.

Personally, I'm a Teddy Atlas fan, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how this shakes out. I'd also love to see Bradley still able to talk in 20 years.

Personally, I'm a Teddy Atlas fan, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how this shakes out. I'd also love to see Bradley still able to talk in 20 years.

We'd all like to see that. You never hear much of McGirt these days - I guess because fighters got upset with him pulling them out.

And what the hell were you doing posting at such an ungodly time??

Edited by gavpowell

Atlas has plenty of knowledge but he comes across as an irritating scrote who will blame the fighter for everything. The way Povetkin regressed drastically with him said it all (and Povetkin has impressed a lot since ditching him).

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Atlas has plenty of knowledge but he comes across as an irritating scrote who will blame the fighter for everything. The way Povetkin regressed drastically with him said it all (and Povetkin has impressed a lot since ditching him).

We never did find out if Alex believes in magic.

I'm surprised Bradley left Diaz, they'd been together for ages. I think Bradley and Atlas should be an interesting combination, having said that Atlas with any boxer is an interesting combination! Gotta say I love him as a commentator.