Lee Selby vs Fernando Montiel - Spoilers

WelshDevilRob

Lee Selby to defend against Fernando Montiel

by Rob Day

IBF World featherweight champion Lee Selby, will make his American debut on the 14th October, 2015. The Wednesday night fight will be broadcast by PBC on ESPN. Lee Selby (21-1, 8 KOs) is promoted by Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing, managed by…

Read more: Lee Selby to defend against Fernando Montiel - - Boxing News - Ring News24

re: Lee Selby vs Fernando Montiel - Spoilers

Is Stephen Smith a journeyman? Hmmm...

yep..........

Montiel has the better resume for sure. Will be rooting for Lee but it will be a very tough one for him. PBC on ESPN(2) Wednesday Special.

Devon Alexander vs Aaron Martinez on too. Although he should win, this is no easy payday for Devon either. If he thinks this is a confidence-boosting walkover to avenge the A-Mere-Con defeat he should think again. The improving Martinez had Guerrero on his arse and only lost to him to a SD.

yep..........

I don;t think many journeymen win British and Commonwealth titles or beat Medina, even if Medina is antique!

I've been impressed by Selby when I've seen him, but still not sure how far he can go, so I'll look forward to this as a benchmark.

Fucking joke fight!

Montiel was last a good contender at Bantamweight some 4 and a bit years ago. He's now a 36 year old who's padded his record with "respectable looking" wins over poor opposition (Doliguez was garbage, Puente's only win of note was over "Pantera" Saguilan). Against Terrazas (4 years ago) he looked shot to shit. Well done Eddie on getting a former top fighter, just a shame that his prime was 3 divisions lower, and around the same time that Selby made his debut.

Fight will take place in Phoenix, Arizona. Isn't that where Breaking Bad was located?

--- Where former heavy contender David Rodriguez got his throat slit ear to ear by 4 thugs in an attack.

How he lived is a miracle much less return to the ring, but he was never the same much to the glee of boxrec sissies. Could have been worse. Arizona a great place to get a clip emptied into you from an assault rifle.

• 1 month later...

It is a fight that Selby has the opportunity to showcase his talents,I am certainly a fan of his and was pre Steven Smith he has a great skill set.

If you are talking about the best technical fighters currently operating in the UK can't see many better than him,great talent imo.

Re: Lee Selby vs Fernando Montiel - Spoilers

Gila River Arena, Glendale, Arizona, USA: Lee Selby successfully defended his IBF featherweight title against Mexican Fernando Montiel. Selby won via a UD with the judges scores: 116-112, 118-110 and 119-109.

Only caught the last two rounds, as thought it would be on later. Was watching David Dickinson 'Who do you think you are?' - I'll download and watch it all tomorrow.

What did you guys make of the fight?

--- Lots saying the dinky little Monteil won.

Who? have YOU watched it Bobby? I had it at least 8-4. Certainly not the 3 judges? UD. You might get to one judge - not all three.......... :noidea:

Who? have YOU watched it Bobby? I had it at least 8-4. Certainly not the 3 judges? UD. You might get to one judge - not all three.......... :noidea:

He rarely watches fights - he just comments on how wrong everyone else is ;)

--- Luverly, blind in one eye, can't see out the other score is it?

Watched a 3 min highlight clip, read the reports and commentary and made my observation. Never stated who I had winning because I can't be bothered w/watching another unproven stinker. Already spend too much time on a derelict dying sport.

Now let him in against prime contenders w/his feather fists and see how it goes.

Was watching David Dickinson 'Who do you think you are?'

Most baffling part of this thread is Rob's admission to watching such an abonimation above!! David Dickinson ffs!!! Who gives a fuck about him?? And why would you mention it on here? No shame!! :haha: