X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Selby vs Fernando Montiel - Spoilers

Lee Selby to defend against Fernando Montiel
    by Rob Day

IBF World featherweight champion Lee Selby, will make his American debut on the 14th October, 2015. The Wednesday night fight will be broadcast by PBC on ESPN. Lee Selby (21-1, 8 KOs) is promoted by Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing, managed by…

Read more: Lee Selby to defend against Fernando Montiel - - Boxing News - Ring News24

re: Lee Selby vs Fernando Montiel - Spoilers

I'll bet you he stops him. Montiel is damaged goods and can't do no good at featherweight. War Selby!

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
      Lee Selby to defend against Fernando Montiel
      by Rob Day]
      --- Montiel vastly more experience and underrated power. Gonna give hell to Selby who only has 8 KOs over journeymen.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
        --- Montiel vastly more experience and underrated power. Gonna give hell to Selby who only has 8 KOs over journeymen.
        Is Stephen Smith a journeyman? Hmmm...

Comment

Is Stephen Smith a journeyman? Hmmm...
          yep..........

Montiel has the better resume for sure. Will be rooting for Lee but it will be a very tough one for him. PBC on ESPN(2) Wednesday Special.

Devon Alexander vs Aaron Martinez on too. Although he should win, this is no easy payday for Devon either. If he thinks this is a confidence-boosting walkover to avenge the A-Mere-Con defeat he should think again. The improving Martinez had Guerrero on his arse and only lost to him to a SD.

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post

Devon Alexander .

--- Don King propped stinker Devon as long as he could before letting sugar daddy Haymon have him. Haymon loves stink.

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
              yep..........
              I don;t think many journeymen win British and Commonwealth titles or beat Medina, even if Medina is antique!

I've been impressed by Selby when I've seen him, but still not sure how far he can go, so I'll look forward to this as a benchmark.

Comment

Fucking joke fight!

Montiel was last a good contender at Bantamweight some 4 and a bit years ago. He's now a 36 year old who's padded his record with "respectable looking" wins over poor opposition (Doliguez was garbage, Puente's only win of note was over "Pantera" Saguilan). Against Terrazas (4 years ago) he looked shot to shit. Well done Eddie on getting a former top fighter, just a shame that his prime was 3 divisions lower, and around the same time that Selby made his debut.

Comment

Fight will take place in Phoenix, Arizona. Isn't that where Breaking Bad was located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
                    Fight will take place in Phoenix, Arizona. Isn't that where Breaking Bad was located?
                    --- Where former heavy contender David Rodriguez got his throat slit ear to ear by 4 thugs in an attack.

How he lived is a miracle much less return to the ring, but he was never the same much to the glee of boxrec sissies. Could have been worse. Arizona a great place to get a clip emptied into you from an assault rifle.

Comment

Hmm barely more than staying busy to my mind, can't see Montiel posing a threat at this stage. Selby is the real deal, I think he beats LSC

Comment

I think he beats LSC
                        You do.............? Thats a very brave statement, I'll give you that much.

Comment

Weigh-in at 10pm on SkySports.

Lee's done alot of training in the US. The Welsh team now out there. It's his moment to shine in the US.

Comment

It is a fight that Selby has the opportunity to showcase his talents,I am certainly a fan of his and was pre Steven Smith he has a great skill set.

If you are talking about the best technical fighters currently operating in the UK can't see many better than him,great talent imo.

Comment

Re: Lee Selby vs Fernando Montiel - Spoilers

Gila River Arena, Glendale, Arizona, USA: Lee Selby successfully defended his IBF featherweight title against Mexican Fernando Montiel. Selby won via a UD with the judges scores: 116-112, 118-110 and 119-109.

Only caught the last two rounds, as thought it would be on later. Was watching David Dickinson 'Who do you think you are?' - I'll download and watch it all tomorrow.

What did you guys make of the fight?

Comment

Working...
                              X