Smith vs Fielding is on - Who wins?

WelshDevilRob

Re: Smith vs Fielding is on - Who wins?

Up until a couple of fights ago, I'd have tipped Smith for a world title in the not-too-distant future. Unfortunately, he's looked very ragged and uninspiring of late and I think it's a coin toss, and not because Fielding's anything startling either.

Callum Smith wins via points or late stoppage.

Fielding has certainly improved the last year and it's a fight I am really looking forward to.Vera he did a great job on a blown up 160lb fighter who had lost his previous three fights but it was a good performance Rocky can certainly bang.

Smith has the edge in most departments imo and will break Fielding down with body shots.People expecting him to stop Rebrasse were very critical of the performance he had Rebrasse down with some precision inside work.Rebrasse hats off to him tough as nails and proved it also against Groves.

Good match-up and one we should be applauding, both fighters could of avoided each other and went there own way.

I think this fight will go to the scorecards and Smith will prevail the winner. I think Smiths strength and combination punches will wear Fielding down the more the fight goes on.

Smith UD

• 2 months later...

Rocky Fielding believes his power will be the difference Saturday night

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/LIVPOOLWEIGHIN-FIELDING-CSMITH6.jpg

Rocky Fielding believes that his KO power will land him the win when he meets Callum Smith for the vacant British Super Middleweight title tomorrow night at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, live on Sky Sports.

The unbeaten Merseyside pair weighed in for their clash today, with Fielding (11st 13lbs 2oz) three ounces lighter than Smith (11st 13lbs 5oz).

Smith can create history by joining his three brothers as British champions, but his Scouse rival Fielding believes that ‘Mundo’s’ chin has yet to be tested, and that he’ll struggle to handle his power.

Read more: Rocky Fielding believes his power will be the difference Saturday night - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Makes a change for Eddie to match a 50/50 fight for what it is worth i take Callum to win on points but i would not be overly suprised if im wrong.

Hi, i also think Callum could win this fight on point, if he resist to the first rounds on Rocky. Sorry if my english is not perfect.

Very surprising.

I'm not even sure what I just saw. Is Smith that good, or did Rocky just fold under pressure? It looked to me like Smith was throwing the kitchen sink, but mostly wide, looping shots. It didn't look skillful, just incredibly aggressive. Sort of Provodnikov, but with a really long reach.

I kept expecting rocky to counter straight up the middle, but he seemed lost, totally defensive-minded.

Well, heck ......