The British Mayweather?

WelshDevilRob

BROOK: I CAN BE THE BRITISH MAYWEATHER!

Kell Brook is planning a late night on Saturday - so he can take in Floyd Mayweather's comeback fight against Juan Manuel Marquez in the States.

Hot shot Brook is promising to become Britain's answer to welterweight star "Money" in the next 18 months.

The British welterweight champion defends his title in a potential domestic classic against Michael Jennings on October 30 at the Liverpool Echo Arena.

And Brook says he has been inspired by the exploits of Mayweather, who currently rules the roost at 147 pounds and is considered one of the best P4P fighters in the world.

"He's been one of the fighters that I've looked up to in the last few years," said Brook.

"He's an amazing talent, but I'm now beginning to look at him as a potential rival rather than a hero.

"I'm not at his level yet, but I know that I can win a world title.

"And once I've done that, who knows what fights can be made in the future.

"I'll be staying up late on Saturday night to watch the fight because I need to know exactly where I'm at at the moment, and what I need to work on to get to the top."

Sheffield youngster Brook - who won the Lonsdale belt outright with a string of KO wins - says a win against Jennings will enable him to make a massive stride towards fighting for a world title.

"It's a big fight against Jennings because he lost to Miguel Cotto at the start of the year, and he's a world class talent," he said.

"If I can do a better job on Jennings than Cotto did, I'll know that I'm going in the right direction, and I'm sure it will help my ratings with the various governing bodies.

"This is my chance to make a big statement and I promise that I'm going to look spectacular up in Liverpool.

"Jennings is a nice guy and he's a good boxer, but he won't be able to cope with my power and he's going to be another boxer who won't hear the final bell."

Tickets priced at £30 (Tier), £40 (Tier), £50 (Tier), £100 (Floor), £150 (Floor) and £200 (Ringside) are available from:

Liverpool Echo Arena

0844 8000 400

http://www.accliverpool.com

Source: http://www.frankwarren.tv

Kell Brook is the British Naseem Hamed

You called his quality 18 months back when he was still under the radar mate...he's looking better than I gave him credit for at the time!!

haha i did catch this one pretty early....

You did mate..we had a little debate over it when I reserved my judgement...and you was right mlol/

Last time i checked Khan was British, im sure he won us a medal?

British Muslim maybe but that dont stop you being British, The only one out the 3 i'd have a ? over is the Big Fella Lewis, and as he won so much and is a legend of the ring we'l have him anyway mlol/

• 2 weeks later...
if brook is going to amount to anything, he needs to be able to dispose of jennings in quicktime to really send a statement to the other british and european welters

Send a statement to who ?.

At the age of 23 he is the british champion turned a european title fight down to fight jennings because he wanted to beat all domestic opponents.

They are only 2 european fighters ranked above him,i dont think he has to make a statement to anybody.The welterweight division is full of talented boxers and brook will be ready for them in 18 months time when he has had a few european fights.

I think all of them are British. Lewis was born and bred in East London went back and forwards to Canada which is / was part of the British Commonwealth a few times, and as far as I know has houses in Britain the US and Jamaica. As stated the other 2 are Muslims but none the less British.