Azumah Nelson taks about his fight against Salvador Sanchez

BoztheMadman

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Azumah Nelson taks about his fight against Salvador Sanchez

Cracking interview. Always enjoyed watching Azumah Nelson fight. He did remarkably well against Salvador Sanchez, on two weeks notice. Nelson went onto have a superb career and a shame for boxing that there was to be no rematch, as Salvador was taken prematurely.

• 4 weeks later...

Great match, right, would be very nice to see a rematch, Nelson with more experience could even beat Sanchez. And then, the death of Sanchez did not allow us to see what would be one of the most anticipated match of the boxing history: Sanchez vs. Chavez

Great match, right, would be very nice to see a rematch, Nelson with more experience could even beat Sanchez. And then, the death of Sanchez did not allow us to see what would be one of the most anticipated match of the boxing history: Sanchez vs. Chavez

I know...sad and tragic. We got to see Azumah vs Bazooka at least...that one didn't disappoint either.

• 4 weeks later...

I attended that night that night at MSG. One of the greatest fights I ever saw live. Nelson won even though he lost. So tragic Salvador died four weeks later.

I attended that night that night at MSG. One of the greatest fights I ever saw live. Nelson won even though he lost. So tragic Salvador died four weeks later.

Well...at least noone can dispute that outcome! Lol...Nelson got stopped but he did produce a great performance, and after just 13 pro fights. It was a sign he was headed towards greatness.