Kobe Bryant Down For The Forever Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe Bryant Down For The Forever Count

--- Didn't follow his era of basketball, but he was always in the news w'ere be big game, big contract, or rape.

Now a helicopter ride did him in. I wouldn't ride in one of those dead sleds for all the tea in China.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...194311456.html

Just goes to show you don't know when your times up.

Horrible news and devastating his 13 year old daughter died in the crash too.

R.I.P

Comment

Knew the name but not the face. A real tragedy for him and his daughter.

Comment

On a human level its horrifically tragic that anyone loses their life. RIP all on the helicopter.

My sincere condolences too to the Bryant family.

I have been an NBA fan for as long as I can recall, and although not a Kobe fan, I follow the Brooklyn Nets, I recognise his expertise and dedicatation to his sport and to an LA franchise he spent 20 regular seasons with. In the money driven NBA such loyalty is virtually unheard of. Of all the Kobe contemporaries the one thing they all agree on is the amount of extra time he spent practising. Hours and hours of his free time given to the court. He may had a gift for the game, but nothing was left to chance and thru his work ethic he gained an advantage that no one else was prepared to sacrifice time for.

Kobe is/was one of a very, very few handful of people who were truly bigger than the sport they played. And ambassadorially was hero worshipped and held in the highest esteem in hundreds of countries. The work he did in African countries was amazing. And now so sad that this second stage of his career has been snatched not only from his family but from the world.

For a game like basketball, which must be the most stats-reliant sport in existence, I dont know what the odds are for chopper related deaths, but all I do know is there are far too many. Fairly recently in the UK the billionaire Thai owners who created the Leicester City soccer premiership winning team met the same fate in Leicester, post-game one evening. As did the Chelsea executive Mathew Harding.

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
          Of all the Kobe contemporaries the one thing they all agree on is the amount of extra time he spent practising. Hours and hours of his free time given to the court. He may had a gift for the game, but nothing was left to chance and thru his work ethic he gained an advantage that no one else was prepared to sacrifice time for.
          It's always the same isn't it? Jordan, Bryant etc. in basketball, Bradman in cricket, Pele and Best in football, O'Sullivan and Hendry in snooker - they have a level of talent that gives them phenomenal abilities, but the amount of effort that goes into making it look that effortless is what marks them out. Jordan even came out of retirement just to humiliate a big-mouthed rookie and remind everyone who he was. Bryant seemed like a nicer guy than that, but how someone that driven even finds the will to retire is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by gavpowell View Post
            Jordan even came out of retirement just to humiliate a big-mouthed rookie and remind everyone who he was. .
            For anyone who isn't familiar with the tale:

Comment

Working...
            X