What's the matter with Sel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the matter with Sel?

Most the time he's his usual self but lately he's been a true cynic, he can be very arrogant and offensive to those who have differing opinions from his. What's the matter Sel?? This isn't the guy I know. It's making me feel bad. But also frustrated. You know my past, you know my problems controlling my temper in such situations. If you have such problems at home, maybe you should take it easy and like...not try to cure them by blasting guys like me or LRR or whoever. I hope you work it out, whatever it is. Peace.

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post
    Most the time he's his usual self but lately he's been a true cynic, he can be very arrogant and offensive to those who have differing opinions from his. What's the matter Sel?? This isn't the guy I know. It's making me feel bad. But also frustrated. You know my past, you know my problems controlling my temper in such situations. If you have such problems at home, maybe you should take it easy and like...not try to cure them by blasting guys like me or LRR or whoever. I hope you work it out, whatever it is. Peace.
    Boz it deffo aint you mate, Johnny has not been very well of late health wise and the death of Julia would have hit him hard. Just give him time as they say time heals (hopefully)
    We all love him and support him

Comment

Originally posted by WSMFC64 View Post

Boz it deffo aint you mate, Johnny has not been very well of late health wise and the death of Julia would have hit him hard. Just give him time as they say time heals (hopefully)
      We all love him and support him
      I see. I didn't know that part about Julia. I'm sorry to hear that, of course.

Comment

- -Didn't know Johnny was in poor health on top of losing his daughter after a long struggle.

I do know he's been instrumental in keeping the forum going in three major makeovers that have cost us some regulars.

Bud also has been in poor health, so I have no problem granting them my kudos and prayers as boxing lurches into the 2020s.

Only thing we're missing is a well timed gavvy missive!

Comment

It's natural that after losing a child, one's own health goes downhill. I can only hope he will recover soon, because we all like him and need him here. I know what it means to lose a close family member. You just have to take the time to get well.

Comment

Apologies to all if I have come over as a mong of late, peace to all. And thanks for your comments.

I nearly died myself not long ago and I'm still not 100% - and probably never will be ever again, having plateaue'd out with both the mental and physical side recovery of what happened to me. A very rare viral syndrome (that I was unaware I was born with) that mimics a stroke in its manifestation, even though I haven't had a bleed to the brain. (Google: Guillain-Barré Syndrome, specifically Miller-Fisher - if you can be arsed). I've read it's theoretically possible to make a total recovery, but I have not. Initially I was totally blind and paralysed down one side of my body. My sight progressed to double vision and eventually to recovery, although I now have to wear specs for reading and PC-range viewing.

I still attend the Stroke Rehab clinic (for the mental/brain damage side of the illness). Due to the rareness of the illness I was in the ICU of the local A&E and the doctors hadn't got a clue how to treat me and my heart and lungs suffered some irreparable damage before a very clever junior doctor thought he recognised the symptoms and basically saved my life at that point.

Note to all: if you are working long hours, with few holidays with 'manflu' and colds, and at a low ebb - stop now.

The premature death of my daughter hit me hard while I was on the canvas from this too. This I will never get over.

I love you all .

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
              Apologies to all if I have come over as a mong of late, peace to all. And thanks for your comments.

I nearly died myself not long ago and I'm still not 100% - and probably never will be ever again, having plateaue'd out with both the mental and physical side recovery of what happened to me. A very rare viral syndrome (that I was unaware I was born with) that mimics a stroke in its manifestation, even though I haven't had a bleed to the brain. (Google: Guillain-Barré Syndrome, specifically Miller-Fisher - if you can be arsed). I've read it's theoretically possible to make a total recovery, but I have not. Initially I was totally blind and paralysed down one side of my body. My sight progressed to double vision and eventually to recovery, although I now have to wear specs for reading and PC-range viewing.

I still attend the Stroke Rehab clinic (for the mental/brain damage side of the illness). Due to the rareness of the illness I was in the ICU of the local A&E and the doctors hadn't got a clue how to treat me and my heart and lungs suffered some irreparable damage before a very clever junior doctor thought he recognised the symptoms and basically saved my life at that point.

Note to all: if you are working long hours, with few holidays with 'manflu' and colds, and at a low ebb - stop now.

The premature death of my daughter hit me hard while I was on the canvas from this too. This I will never get over.

I love you all .
              It's all water under the bridge mate, and I'm glad you have returned to your old self, as much as possible at least. I love you too, we all do. It takes time to heal, I know that perfectly well, so take your time mate and good luck. Take care.

Comment

Wishing you all the best in your recovery, mate. Much Love from Wales.

Comment

Working...
                X