Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules, Comments & Suggestions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UPDATE

    Editing will all the updates/changes

    Forum


    1. Forum Home Page

    We have cleaned the front page of the forum to make more tidier and to make it more easier to navigate.

    Below are the sections that will be available front the forum home:

    World Boxing Forum
    Boxing History Forum
    Boxing Training and Nutrition Boxing Downloads
    Non Boxing Chat

    2. Content Slider

    We have added a content slider with threads that comments can be added to weekly.

    Boxing on TV schedule will also appear on the content slide.

    If you have any ideas on what other threads could be added to the slider send me a PM.

    3. Block manager

    The block manager (right side) will consist of Register Button (shown to guests only), donate button and an advert.

    4. Forum Categories

    We have cleaned the categories up and removed stickys that were out of date and no longer needed.

    5. Sub-Forums

    We have removed sub-forums as these were barely used and some of the sub forums can be assessed either as a sticky or a thread in the relative section.

    6. MMA/UFC Downloads

    This sub-forum is barely used compared to boxing downloads. We have joined all the threads as one and made as a sticky in boxing downloads.

    7. Topics/Replys

    The forum currently shows 20 threads per page.


    Articles

    1. Articles


    The forum can now post articles which should help us get more hits and hopefully some new members.


    2. Guest Message Articles

    Guests can reply to articles, but if they wish non moderated replys they can sign up to the forum.


    editing....

    Tagging

    Users can tag each other like Twitter. Just add @ at the the front of the username you wish to take in the thread.

    Example: @selij

    Messenger




    Groups

    We are removing the tapatalk app. The new template is responsive and it should be easy to use on PC, phones, tablets and other devices.


    Comment


    • There is a lot of work still getting done to the site still but I thought it would be best to let you guys on in the meantime.

      If you come across any issues please let me know. Thanks

      Comment


      • VBULLETIN MESSENGER (NEW CHAT PARTY FEATURE)

        To use this you may need to delete your private messages if your above the quota.

        PM myself and I can do this for you with one click of a button.

        Comment


        • Some new smileys added.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by the_budweiser View Post
            There is a lot of work still getting done to the site still but I thought it would be best to let you guys on in the meantime.

            If you come across any issues please let me know. Thanks
            Looks a lot cleaner than the old vBulletin. It's going to take a bit of getting used to, but I will adapt.

            I can't edit my avatar, but that's not important atm.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bear Hugger View Post

              Looks a lot cleaner than the old vBulletin. It's going to take a bit of getting used to, but I will adapt.

              I can't edit my avatar, but that's not important atm.
              I noticed that myself. Just working my way through some things but its on my to do list already.

              Top bar there should be messages (instant messages and private messages) and notifications. But there missing so trying to get some help off the vbulletin support forum.

              Comment


              • We've update the theme files and still having a few problems as the error is unwritable. So, going to put support ticket into vbulletin and hopefully they can fix the error.

                Comment


                • Memebrs should be able to add there avatars now.

                  Comment


                  • I have a suggestion as I catch up after having been away for awhile:
                    Is there the ability to mark read threads with a different color/shade? Minor, but one of those little things that makes navigating a bit nicer.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nymb242 View Post
                      I have a suggestion as I catch up after having been away for awhile:
                      Is there the ability to mark read threads with a different color/shade? Minor, but one of those little things that makes navigating a bit nicer.
                      I am waiting until Vbulletin release Version 5.5.4. We are currently on 5.5.3 - then we will be able to add the symbols again, just like vbulletin 4 to make things easier.

                      Comment


                      • Hyperlinks on Career threads not accessible unless changed to https
                        https://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=110960 this one works with https but the title ie the boxers name is not hyperlinked like before

                        Comment


                        • Must say this latest v-bulletin version sounds rather shit if they are still implementing things that were available in the previous one!

                          Not sure what's going on with the log in / session method either because each time I come on the site it has the login dropdown in the top right which only allows log in with facebook (which doesn't work), but then after a few refreshes I am logged in again.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ton View Post
                            Must say this latest v-bulletin version sounds rather shit if they are still implementing things that were available in the previous one!

                            Not sure what's going on with the log in / session method either because each time I come on the site it has the login dropdown in the top right which only allows log in with facebook (which doesn't work), but then after a few refreshes I am logged in again.
                            Have you updated your bookmark? The old one was http:// the new one is https://. I had the login problem until I updated my bookmark.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bear Hugger View Post

                              Have you updated your bookmark? The old one was http:// the new one is https://. I had the login problem until I updated my bookmark.
                              Ahhh, that could very well be it!! Good man, thanks.

                              Comment


                              • I don't know if it's intentional or not, but you can access most of (not all) of the boxing media section without having to log in.

                                Spoiler: 

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X