X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ringnews24 Update

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
    Yes he can and probably an editor can as well. TopClassBoxing use Wordpress and I can log into Wordpress and see the hits articles are getting. Not sure why it's hidden to Ringnews24. All websites can see what hits they get though that doesn't mean all contributors have the access to see.
    Rob unless there's software that works with Wordpress 4.9.5 then I cant add one. Just because another site has one doesn't mean they it will work and not cause any problems on Ringnews24. What software are they using?

The one we used was no longer supported and outdated and didn't work with the latest wordpress update. It was causing CPU spikes and crashing the site which caused a white page. Unless I can find a software that is supported then I won't be adding a hit counter.

To add to that the site has grown and in the near future we will have to move the news site to a dedicated server, so the less plug-ins the better for now.

Comment

• Ringnews24 announcement

With the site being on Google news and the traffic increasing as well as our database growing every day we have outgrown our server.

You may experience slow speeds and the site may crash while we look into what options are available while upgrading the server.

Comment

• Re: Ringnews24 announcement

All good at the moment Bud. No issues when posting uploads (as of yet).

Comment

Congratulations, sounds like quite a big deal and a landmark to get into the Google news results! Nice work.

Comment

--- Working great on my library computer, but been freezing up my ancient Iphone necessitating a reboot, so that's off limits for now.

Anyway, sounds like great news Bud, something to cheer us up...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
              --- Working great on my library computer, but been freezing up my ancient Iphone necessitating a reboot, so that's off limits for now.

Anyway, sounds like great news Bud, something to cheer us up...
              The forum and news site are on different servers. So, it wont effect the forum.

Comment

• Chatbox & Forum Stats Bug...

Afternoon Bud / Mods,

Further to the chatbox discussion in the subforum I propose a suggestion of activating the shout/chat box for when there are fights happening on tv and the mods are about, as a means to have the chatbox available at times, but then also disabled enough to not stop the user posting on the forum.

I also noticed this issue happening a while back with the silly forum statistics box (which I have never liked or seen a reason to have there). But there are broken images, which in turn hides the latest post titles.

Comment

• Re: Chatbox & Forum Stats Bug...

--- I've never noticed the screen abnormality you posted, but then again I seldom pay attention to that section. Could it be a typical interfacing snafu between software?

Comment

It's same for me. Am using Firefox.

Comment

Sometimes it works for and sometimes it doesn't. The box words fine in chrome but not firefox. Sure we had the same problem in the past with this plug-in - I'll see if theres an update for it.

Were having some issues with the news sites server just now. Once thats moved and things are running ok, I will update vbulletin.

Comment

Just tried it in Opera and it works fine, but not in the latest version of Firefox.

Comment

I'm still on FF v61.0.2 - it started to fuck up bigtime after this version for me on various sites so I rolled it back, and turned auto updating off. I like the F12, Dev-Tools console in FF, so need to stick with it really for my CLI tools for downloading. The above mentioned issues dont manifest themselves at all in my version.

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
                            I'm still on FF v61.0.2 - it started to fuck up bigtime after this version for me on various sites so I rolled it back, and turned auto updating off. I like the F12, Dev-Tools console in FF, so need to stick with it really for my CLI tools for downloading. The above mentioned issues dont manifest themselves at all in my version.
                            Ahhh, it appears this happens in Firefox which I use for viewing the forum at work. Must be a hickup with a modern update. Still annoying.

Comment

--- since I started using google chrome, near zero problems occur. Always problems with the ms and Firefox browser. I'm a happy convert.

Comment

You must also rem lads the vbulletin software was written donkeys years ago and has had sticking plaster upon sticking plaster applied to it. We are also using an overlaid template. Its creaking at the seams but we are where we are with it. The new Invision forum software is the dogs bollocks. But it would be an 'ask' too much to migrate, not least because of the cost vs benefit.

Comment

Working...
                                X