Off to Weston-Super-Mare in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Weston-Super-Mare in September

Any decent places to visit. Spending two nights there in September. Think Stan is from there?

Any recommendations?

Re: Off to Weston-Super-Mare in September

There's a big steam railway and there's a helicopter museum and John Cleese is from there. That is the sum total of my knowledge of WSM.

If Cheddar Gorge is anywhere near there, it's the home of the oldest human skeleton found in the UK. Somerset remains a dark and mysterious place.

Comment

I would like to know where our big steam Railway is ?

Of course there is the Pier, Big Wheel, 2 cinemas, beach and dirty sea,

Fish and Chips, Sovereign Center shopping- Cheddar is a nice day out on an nice day
      Last edited by WSMFC64; 08-18-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSMFC64 View Post
        I would like to know where our big steam Railway is ?
        So my knowledge of WSM just reduced by a third - I thought the heritage bit of the Great Western Railway went through, but evidently not - Minehead and a few others. Didn't even know that's where Minehead was.

Comment

Thanks gents. Will check the places out. Actually, going by train as cheap as chips :)

Comment

Had a couple of nights there. Went on the Pier, which was right near our hotel. Shame the Aquarium was shut. Went to a Japanese restaurant one night, Greek food another. Popped in the Yates, Wetherspoon (Cabot) and a bar called Vault.
            Must've visited every shop in the town, which has plenty of variety. The wife was trying to find a Thai restaurant but it seems the only one 'The Blue Ocean' had shut. Weather was hot and the hotel we stayed at was good - Lauriston Hotel.

Comment

Working...
            X