Hilary v Donald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilary v Donald

I'm glad I don't have to vote........good grief from what I've read and heard they're both as bad as one another although Donald a bit more for his most recent comment about grabbing women.......goodness gracious me.

Whoever gets in, will it have an impact on us?

Any fellow fans on here from across the pond got any views on this???

Re: Hilary v Donald

They're deep in a cesspool of their own making are the Americans now. Both candidates being unhinged lunatics for different reasons. Its one of those bitter-sweet situations because while the race for the Whitehouse is providing a hilarious comedy backdrop for the rest of the world as daily faux-pas and rants and spats occur, one of these lunatics is very shortly going to have their finger poised over the red button - a situation we should all be very concerned about.

Comment

--- Lessee, 20 years of O'Billary vs 4 years of puddy grabbing Rump?

little hands vs Big Hands

Crookery vs Bankruptcy?

Slick Willie vs Melania, perhaps the ultimate vote breaker me thinks.

Derepublican vs Redemocrat?

Left brained half wit or Right brained half wit?

Entitled Chelsea vs the entitled half dozen or so half brothers and sisters sired by Rump?

America, home of the undocumented and land of the transgendered financed by the 1%?

And you thought boxing was bad off...only in America...

Comment

Clinton is a long way from ideal, but she's at least in touch with this reality - Trump has been a highlight reel of the worst human qualities for a long time, and continues to plumb new depths.

It will have a huge impact on us in the UK, because we tend to be joined at the hip in terms of defence and have a major economic link to the States, even moreso now we're scrabbling around post-Brexit vote. The American economy is in constant danger of falling off a cliff, and of the two horrible choices available, I hope they choose Clinton.

But then our own country is going to the dogs as well - the choice between Leadsom and May became May unopposed and one of the worst home secretaries we've ever had has not been inspiring as Prime Minister so far - the value of the pound's collapsed, unemployment's going back up, we're selling even more of the country to China. And much as I'm delighted Corbyn is trying to be a proper opposition leader(by actually having different policies to the Tories), he can't control his own MPs, Labour will lose a load of seats in the boundary review and now has Ruth Davidson to contend with in Scotland. The only good thing is UKIP are disintegrating.

Whoever wins, I hope in the next five years the US and the UK both find some statesmen from somewhere, 'cos the leaders we've got now are utterly useless.

Comment

I hope Trump wins. Would be an entertaining ride.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
            I hope Trump wins. Would be an entertaining ride.
            Geez, and I thought we were friends :)

Comment

At this point, Trump's just a Caricature of himself. The time for taking him seriously (if there ever was one) has passed. I blame the Republican Party, they let their nomination get kidnapped by some reality show star with his mindless sheep followers. If Hillary hadn't didn't have such high negatives of her own, then he'd lose by 40 percent instead of the 10% he trails now.

Comment

--- Thing is murph, modern polls pretty much useless given the limitations of small samples and not knowing how many registered voters will show up.

You thought boxing announcers were bad, the media uses their own compuhoax stats to make dueling scoring points in this, their World Series, Super Bowl, and Olympics rolled into one billion dollar marketing extravaganza. Then we go to the margins of errors in the results exceeds true validation of any close election. Add on modern day guns, liquor, drugs, and mental illness, we got a smouldering populace just waiting for the spark to set them off.

Comment

Not really arsed about this but have seen snippets here and there in the news after their pathetic debates. Whole thing seems a farce, with all these scandals and revelations coming out along the way.

How's it come to this....these 2 to be the leader of the Western world and most powerful person on the planet!? Strewth!

Comment

Originally posted by davemurphy View Post
                    Geez, and I thought we were friends :)
                    It does seem that there is plenty of hostility between supporters of both camps. We went through a similar thing with 'Brexit' people overly passionate about the cause and not listening to reasonable debate. (Don't mean you) :)

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
                      It does seem that there is plenty of hostility between supporters of both camps. We went through a similar thing with 'Brexit' people overly passionate about the cause and not listening to reasonable debate. (Don't mean you) :)
                      Yeah but mofo's been banned now, so it's not so bad.

Trump to me is the punchline to the way America has conducted its politics for decades - ever more aggressive, ever more personal, the bar getting lower each time. Obama at least ran more dignified campaigns, even if he was a huge disappointment as president.

Comment

Originally posted by davemurphy View Post
                        If Hillary hadn't didn't have such high negatives of her own, then he'd lose by 40 percent instead of the 10% he trails now.
                        If it gives us another moment like Karl Rove losing his mind over Ohio, it'll be so close to being worth it

Comment

Originally posted by gavpowell View Post
                          If it gives us another moment like Karl Rove losing his mind over Ohio, it'll be so close to being worth it
                          Classics like that only come along once in a great while, but you can only hope.

Comment

--- Karly Boy Genius Rove, what a waste of larded pork he turned out to be.

Comment

A question for our American members: What else is going to be on your ballot paper in November? I knew you voted for President and VP, and possibly for Congress as well, but I've only just discovered your ballot papers often contain everything from state constitutional amendments to county dog catchers or whatever.

What will you be expected to vote on in your area? If you punch the sections for county and state stuff but not the president/VP, does your ballot still count for the bits you completed?

Comment

Working...
                              X