Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Splashes $4.8m on New Super-Car

Floyd Splashes $4.8m on New Super-Car

Floyd Mayweather has splashed out $4.8 million on a new limited edition super car (or ‘hyper car’ as he prefers to call it).

The American boxer claims the Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita is one of two in the world and the only one built to his custom specifications.
    Never one to shy away from bragging about his immense wealth, the man they call ‘Money’ posted the picture of the car shown above on Instagram.

“My new 4.8 Million dollar car. $4,800,000.00 [sic],” the caption reads.

Koenigsegg is an ULTRA boutique automobile manufacturer for the super rich.

Floyd, in his inimitable style said: "Koenigsegg made only 2 Trevita's for the world, and this is No.2 of 2. In addition it is the only USA-spec Trevita built in the world.
    The origin of the car is Sweden. The word Trevita means ‘3 Whites’. It is beyond a Super Car, and is classified as a ‘Hyper Car’.”

Perhaps the 38-year-old spent some of the bundles of cash he apparently keeps on a table on the vehicle.
    Earlier in August he posted this image, again on Instagram:

Mayweather topped the Forbes rich list for sports stars, announced in June, for the second year running, amassing $300 million in 12 months, most of it coming from his ‘Fight of the Century’ showdown with Manny Pacquiao.

The five division world champion will next fight Andre Berto on September 12.

Source

Re: Floyd Splashes $4.8m on New Super-Car

Good luck to him. He's earned the money, let him spend it how he wants to, although you can only drive 1 car at a time as we know. He has a fleet of them and one for every occasion probably.

I wonder if he'll go for the 50-0 next year or will September be the last time I see him fight, guess we'll have to wait and see. When asked at the press conference about next year he had a glint in his eye and a smile on his face.......the new stadium is due to be finished at the end of April, it would be a nice way to go out on 50-0 in front of an outside crowd of 40,000, mind you I'd love for him to fight at Wembley Stadium but I know that will never happen.

Comment

Perhaps he could spend some of his money on women's refuges and open a Floyd Mayweather Center for the Prevention of Domestic Violence.

Comment

Comment

Does a $5m supercar still lose a third of its value when you drive it off the forecourt?

Comment

Does a $5m supercar still lose a third of its value when you drive it off the forecourt?
            Maybe the Ferraris and Porsche do as they appear to be "regular" stock items. Although someone might pay a premium to own a car once owned by Floyd if he were to part with any. But if anything the supercars I would have thought would gain value year on year because of their rarity and exclusivity.

Comment

Although someone might pay a premium to own a car once owned by Floyd if he were to part with any. But if anything the supercars I would have thought would gain value year on year because of their rarity and exclusivity.
              --- Maybe some hip hopper will pay that, but Floydy can't drive or maintain such a car with any confidence.

Bugatti superbug will be worth more in the end than this over designed piece of stink.

Comment

That is a beautiful car but way too expensive. I guess you're paying for exclusivity.

And man, Floyd really is something huh?

Comment

That car looks like its about to turn into a transformer

Comment

Originally posted by Indigo Wolf View Post
                    That is a beautiful car but way too expensive. I guess you're paying for exclusivity.
                    --- Foydy is paying for his huge insecurities, so yeah, exclusivity is part and parcel of that.

Figure on just these 9 Grande Turismo types alone that I doubt he seldom drives, that's around $75 million with tax and insurance upfront if he paid cash which is likely, and that's just for starters. I'm guessing at least a $1 million per year every year on insurance alone. Then with so many electronic gizmos and low hanging chassis parts always scraping uneven road surfaces and driveways, the maintenance bill is likely also a million bucks every year with some of these beauties needing a factory mechanic flown out just for basic stuff since there is no other regular source around for these things. Then you need a warehouse sized fancy garage to store them and keep them polished up.

Well, as the saying goes, what with his entourage payroll, he'll soon be bleeding money like a stuck pig when he retires, so we'll see how long this growing up phase lasts. Odd in that I don't recall seeing any pics of his new mansion he had to build after getting kicked out of his last place. I'm guessing it won't be a gated community any more!

Comment

He is TBE and he has earned his money - the hard way - unlike most of us in regular jobs. So why shouldn't he enjoy it?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see Floyd in proper retirement - I wonder if he'll leave the limelight altogether or whether he'll keep up the antics and maybe move into other areas of showbiz. Whatever he does, I hope he enjoys his life - the last thing I want is to see another guy who's life fell apart the moment he stopped fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by gavpowell View Post
                          It'll be interesting to see Floyd in proper retirement - I wonder if he'll leave the limelight altogether or whether he'll keep up the antics and maybe move into other areas of showbiz. Whatever he does, I hope he enjoys his life - the last thing I want is to see another guy who's life fell apart the moment he stopped fighting.
                          I think he likes the limelight Gav, just a little . He will probably be a commentator or put more time into growing his own promotions after he retires, so he still has a steady income coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by the_budweiser View Post
                            He will probably be a commentator or put more time into growing his own promotions after he retires, so he still has a steady income coming in.
                            --- Already retired in middle of Oscar rematch promos.

Said he was a billionaire who didn't need to work for slavemasters Oscar and HBO. Came crawling back a year later for IRS to put a lien on his entire Marquez purse.

Billionaires don't need no stinkin' commentary jobs. They gots lotsa cars to pose with and billions to count and stuff into shopping bags!

Comment

That's absolutely insane!! I guess that is what you can do when you're making over $300M per year. I still can't believe that he's making that much considering everything that he is inside and outside of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                              X