LSC vs Abner "agreed" for Staples Aug 29

selij

Re: LSC vs Abner "agreed" for Staples Aug 29

Biggest hype-job in boxing history vs A.N.Other Oldtimer in another Haymon mismatch? Or does anyone see any mileage in this one......??

If this were 36 months ago, I would be stoked for this fight. That's not to say this is a no longer a tenable match-up...the well has just dried up on LSC after so many easily ignorable mismatches against Mexican cab drivers. Mares also just hasn't looked himself since losing to Gonzalez. I still do expect it to be a good fight, but I'm not getting too soaked up in the hype...neither fighter really gets me going anymore.

I'm picking Santa Cruz by UD, somewhere in the neighborhood of 116-112 or 117-111. Mares displays positive technique at times but just doesn't do enough to win this one.

It looks a damn good fight to me. Only a couple of years ago and Mares was beating the main opposition but everyone complained how he was doing it. He got taken out by a noted puncher, in Jhonny Gonzalez, took a year out and has three decent enough wins. Mares is not to everyones liking cos his fights and style ain't pretty but he is effecive.

Santa Cruz seems abit protected and no great puncher, so this could well be a Mares win or at least make Santa look ugly - Mares is good at doing that.

It's an interseting match-up. Not sure of the winner tbh.

It looks a damn good fight to me. Only a couple of years ago and Mares was beating the main opposition but everyone complained how he was doing it. He got taken out by a noted puncher, in Jhonny Gonzalez, took a year out and has three decent enough wins. Mares is not to everyones liking cos his fights and style ain't pretty but he is effecive.

Santa Cruz seems abit protected and no great puncher, so this could well be a Mares win or at least make Santa look ugly - Mares is good at doing that.

It's an interseting match-up. Not sure of the winner tbh.

Yea, Mares is a dirty ugly bastard. Gypsy bastard. :haha: Hope he gets a thrashing. Really can't stand him, particularly after he got TWO gifts against Darchinyan and Agbeko.

It's time for Lil' Abner to head back to Dogpatch, and git to shtumping Dasiy Mae for the rest of his life. His fightin' days is OVAH.

When I think about that he was part responsible for screwing up Vic's career at 118...I get ballistic! :boxing1: