Lomachenko vs Felix Verdejo?

Cableaddict

On another forum, folks were lamenting the dearth of good opponents for Loma, esp with Walters & Donair changing divisions, and Russell signed to the black hole named Haymon.

If Loma has to move up to LW to find good fights, I'd LOVE to see him face Verdejo.

I think Loma-Verdejo would be a possible FOTY candidate, if it ever happened. Both fighters are insanely fast and skilled. Verdejo has that crazy reach, and a jackhammer jab, which would probably make Loma fight from the outside, where he's so much fun to watch.

I dunno if politics could ever let this fight happen in the near future, but BOY HOWDY what a fight it would be.

What say you?

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Lomachenko vs Felix Verdejo?

Surely couldnt happen Cable - but a great idea, i agree. It will probably be resigned to the doldrums of "the fights that never took place" for another generation to chew the fat over.............

Well, Verdejo evidently wants to move down to 130, so this actually could happen.

I know (now) that Loma beat Verdejo in the ams, but that was 3 years ago, and also as we all know, the pro style suits some guys better. Actually, both verdejo and Loma strike me as guys who still haven't completely shed the amateur style, but I think Verdejo has done so more than Loma. - At least in terms of his body attack.

Is Nicholas Walters definitely moving up? I know he messed up the weight but has it been made official?

Wouldn't mind seeing Lomachenko vs his mandatory Jessie Magdaleno.

That's what I read, but I can't confirm it.

In other news, Jhonny Gonzalez is also moving to 130. (And now training with his dad, instead of Nacho.) - And Loma is indeed also considering going to 130.

SFW could suddenly become a crazy-competitive division.

That's what I read, but I can't confirm it.

In other news, Jhonny Gonzalez is also moving to 130. (And now training with his dad, instead of Nacho.) - And Loma is indeed also considering going to 130.

SFW could suddenly become a crazy-competitive division.

Lee Selby wins a title and they all bail out. ;)

Well, Verdejo evidently wants to move down to 130, so this actually could happen.

I know (now) that Loma beat Verdejo in the ams, but that was 3 years ago, and also as we all know, the pro style suits some guys better. Actually, both verdejo and Loma strike me as guys who still haven't completely shed the amateur style, but I think Verdejo has done so more than Loma. - At least in terms of his body attack

Please! You saw what Loma did to Russell jr, who since has demolished Gonzalez completely. You really think VERDEJO can do something Russell jr couldn't?

A little too early for Verdejo to take this type of challenge. I think Loma is seasoned even though he doesn't have a lot of pro fights. Arum knows he has a good prospect in Verdejo and will not let him near Lomachenko...

A little too early for Verdejo to take this type of challenge. I think Loma is seasoned even though he doesn't have a lot of pro fights. Arum knows he has a good prospect in Verdejo and will not let him near Lomachenko...

I guess, but I'm a "jump into the fire and see if you survive" kid of guy.

Well, regardless, now Loma's manager is saying they are going to stay at 126 and beat all comers. - But I think this is just a ploy to try to get a catchweight fight with Rigo.

Personally, I think they should just make everyone less than LW fight each other. Too many divisions anyway. :whistle: