Greatest fights that didn't happen but should have?

ucgdcxw

Re: Greatest fights that didn't happen but should have?

foreman vs holmes

--- Their timelines don't mesh.

When George was in full sway before retirement, Lar was a tosser. When George came back 10 years later, Lar got jealous over all the $ he was making, so returned still as a tosser making peanuts. Got so bad for him that he had to fight Butterbean and got knocked down and lucky the ref gave him extra time for the final bell rang.

Fights Lar shoulda, coulda made was the Half dozen WBA champs he ducked, instead padding out his single belt with fellow tossers.

• 4 months later...

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Erik Morales

Shane Mosley vs. Kostya Tszyu

--- Interesting fights for sure, but problematic in real life.

When their timelines and promoter, Golden Boy, finally meshed, Marquez turned down Morales. Mosley went from light to welter, completely skipping Kostya at 140.

--- Interesting fights for sure, but problematic in real life.

When their timelines and promoter, Golden Boy, finally meshed, Marquez turned down Morales. Mosley went from light to welter, completely skipping Kostya at 140.

You're completely right, but still, those two belong on my very short list of fantasy matchups I'd love to have seen.

One more, as i come from Germany:

Roy Jones Jr vs. Dariusz Michalczewski

Question for you guys, was that an interesting fight for you/the international fans as well? I remember it being a huge deal in Germany for quite some time.

--- Roy was so untouchable then that most Americans considered Darius beneath the effort, and worse, HBO agreed.

I and many others thought it historic given Dariusz was one fight from tying or beating both Louis 26-0 title record and Rocky 49-0 mark . In hindsight, we know both were done at the top, so it'd have been a good scrap with huge bragging rights for the winner. Dariusz tried, so the stain is on Roy and HBO.

Jack Dempsey vs Harry Wills. Wills beat fighters like Joe Jeannette Sam McVey Sam Langford Battling Jim Johnson Jeff Clark Bill Tate Fred Fulton Gunboat Smith Denver Ed Martin Kid Norfolk Luis Firpo and Charley Weinert he was big and strong with skills and power in both hands for what ever reason it never happened shame it had all the makings for a classic

• 7 months later...