MBC Question Quality Of Licenced European Boxers in UK

“I am sure that boxers and boxing fans are appalled at the quality, or to be more correct lack of quality of some of the European opponents that have been ‘boxing’, a term I use lightly considering their clear lack of boxing ability, on UK events, whether BBBofC or MBC.

It seems to us that many of these European boxers and their management feel that they don’t need to put any effort in, yet still expect to be paid a substantial purse, as well as travel, accommodation and expenses, for what amounts to just a few seconds in the ring.

On Sunday Czech Republic licensed Gabriela Olahova was contracted to box Sam Smith on the Lee Murtagh promoted MBC sanctioned event at the Pryzm Nightclub in Leeds.

I have watched the video and it is clear to my eyes that Gabriela is not a trained boxer, which begs the question why have they licensed her – come to that I must question the licensing of a substantial number of the so called boxers that have fought in the UK this year.

Whilst I am unable to speak for the BBBofC, I can for the Malta Boxing Commission (MBC) and we will not stand for this outrageous situation any longer, they are cheating the boxers they supposedly come to box, the promoters that have paid for them to come and box on their events and most importantly they are cheating boxing fans.

I was at the European Boxing Union AGM on Saturday (we didn’t get affiliated – they didn’t even vote on it, but that’s not why I am making this point – the reason I am bringing this up is the following)

Swiss Federation’s Peter Stucki made a statement on Saturday, basically calling all non-EBU members pirate organisations with little or no safety or licensing standards – now considering the Czech Republic IS an EBU member and at that meeting they affiliated another organisation who have an atrocious safety and standards record we feel they too should start taking responsibility for their members actions.

As such foreign opponents, match makers, managers and their sanctioning organisations take note – If a boxer is contracted to box on an MBC sanctioned event and they do not perform as contracted they will not receive a purse, they will be required to also pay for any flights, accommodation and expenses that the UK promoter has paid prior to the bout, as well as we will lodge an official complaint to both their licensing organisation as well as the EBU if they are a member.

This outrageous lack of respect of the British Boxing fans ends now – well on MBC sanctioned events anyway, as I say I can’t speak for the BBBofC. but really hope that they take the same stance as the MBC.”

Re: MBC Question Quality Of Licenced European Boxers in UK

A source told me that the BBBofC are going to put a stop to foreign fighters fighting soon in UK with a visitors licence.

--- BBBC and boxing commishes in general need to desperately reform their abjectly corrupt selves first and foremost.

All of pro and ama sports are tainted as can be expected in any typical corrupted human endeavor whether they be capitalistic and democratic states or capitalistic and communistic states to cover the broadest general swath of humanity. That's why I make allowances for minor athlete accusations of cheating, wrongdoing, ect. They should not be held to higher standards than the people over them, but of course they almost always are made into scape goats while the real high level crooks not only get a free pass, but also the red carpet treatment.

--- BBBC and boxing commishes in general need to desperately reform their abjectly corrupt selves first and foremost. .

This.

they can start by putting Howard Foster, and whomever has been paying him under the table, in jail.

--------------

I love the idea that they will start witholding purses and charging all expenses if a fighter doesn't meet certain standards. Problem is, that's a movable line and a very slippery slope. I'm all for it, but what happens when an honest & well meaning fighter simply has a bad day? It happens.

- And what about NON Eastern Euro fighters? Does anyone think Kevin Johnson actually tried to win against AJ last week? Heck does anyone thing he even tried to land a punch? So, should his purse have been witheld? Where do they draw the line?

And what's to become of poor Martin Stensky? A man has to eat, after all.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edited by Cableaddict

Something the JBC have right is to BAN bad imported fighters. They have a publicly open list of banned international boxers who have eirher:

Lack of ability

Had a "lethargic effort" (aka not tried)

Spoofed their name or license (very few of these)

Suffered a suspected brain injury

Or failed to make the contracted weight

That includes terrible opponents from Indonesia as well as some bigger names (Liborio Solis and Sonny Boy Jaro are both listed for failing to make weight).

Other countries should be following suit.

Today we get this news - Looks like they can fight on each others events

Gianluca Di Caro - MBC

Today I received the BBBofC's proposed change to their rule 4.12(b), this is the rule that had been the major bone of contention between the BBBofC and the Malta Boxing Commission (MBC) and the German Boxing Association (GBA) with regard to BBBofC license holders being able to compete or work on events sanctioned by the MBC and GBA, including here in the UK.

Whilst I still believe there is a lot of work to be done, by both sides, to try and create a better working relationship between the MBC, as well as the GBA and the BBBofC, I must praise the BBBofC for their decision to amend the contentious rule 4.12(b)

Hopefully this will now bring to an end the long running dispute between the BBBofC and the MBC, as well as the GBA, and now we can begin working together, for the betterment of the sport, instead of battling against each other.

I'm particularly pleased that the BBBofC has made this positive move, as I feel the dispute between us has been detrimental to the sport, as well as to the earning potential for British boxers and license holders, whether BBBofC or MBC licensed.

From our end, today I will write to Mr Robert Smith and once again assure him and the BBBofC of our medical standards and requirements, as well as details of our insurance coverage so that they can be satisfied that any BBBofC boxer or license holder taking part on an MBC sanctioned event will be receiving the highest level of medical coverage etc possible.

As such, any BBBofC licensed boxers that wish to box on MBC or GBA sanctioned events in the UK, please follow the procedure of making an application to box on a foreign event (even for UK as MBC and GBA are foreign sanctioning organisations even when sanctioning UK events) and also please ensure that you make your application to box to the BBBofC in adequate time, I would suggest fourteen days to provide the BBBofC enough time to process the request.

11402482_696899750437688_7111626245431419227_o.jpg

Am I reading that correctly? If you organise a promotion that has nothing to do with the BBBofC, you pay them a fee UP to 2.5%? Nice work if you can get it.

I wonder if that's common or a new thing?

I love there last one 100K + - To be determined by the board :mlol:

The BBB of C are as bad, if not worse, than any other of the world alphabet boards. Corrupt as fuck, and make rules up as they go along to suit themselves and their expenses-fuelled lifestyles. Some of them would go to the opening of an envelope if it involved a free lunch. This is speaking from personal experiences through the Lawless (Royal Oak gym) and the Ingles' gym too (Sheffield).

I hope none of our non-UK members think that the BBB of C are some sort of Old Etonian style organization, above and beyond reproach, that exist purely to protect British boxing.................... :nono: