PPV Worthy? Brook vs Gavin

[h=3]Sat 30th May[/h]

• Kell Brook v Frankie Gavin : IBF Welterweight title
    Jorge Linares v Kevin Mitchell : WBC Lightweight title
    Evgeny Gradovich v Lee Selby : IBF Featherweight title
    Anthony Joshua v Kevin Johnson : 12 Rounds Heavyweight (TBC)
    John Ryder v Nick Blackwell : Vacant British Middleweight title
    Scotty Cardle v Craig Evans : Vacant British Lightweight title
    Dave Ryan v John Wayne Hibbert : Commonwealth Light-Welterweight title

The o2 Arena, London , Sky Box Office HD (17:00)

Re: PPV Worthy? Brook vs Gavin

I don't think it is PPV worthy but that said if Clev V Bellew II was PPV then maybe it is worthy.

But it wasn't - it was a rotten fight.

I know the point you're making but it's the same argument used for the IBHOF - just because some awful decisions were made in the past, doesn't justify repeating them in the future.

I absolutely abhor PPV, but I've got so caught up in this show that I bought it without hesitation. I know that because of this we've had to suffer several very sub-standard Matchroom shows, so he could fit all these fights on one card. I won't be signing up regularly to PPV though but the quality in depth of this show is unmissable for me.

I absolutely abhor PPV, but I've got so caught up in this show that I bought it without hesitation. I know that because of this we've had to suffer several very sub-standard Matchroom shows, so he could fit all these fights on one card. I won't be signing up regularly to PPV though but the quality in depth of this show is unmissable for me.

So having endured the awful cards he butchered to make this one, you've decided to endorse his strategy? I don't think that's going to discourage him!

Best card i've seen in boxing since fuck knows when!! It's got big names in compelling fights where it isn't just "named fighter" vs cannon fodder. Probs is worthy of PPV but that being said I'm going out tonight so wont be seeing it.

So having endured the awful cards he butchered to make this one, you've decided to endorse his strategy? I don't think that's going to discourage him!

I know Gav, I'm usually more principled than that, but I just had to see this card.

I don't think it is worthy of PPV. To be PPV in my eyes it has to 'the best vs the best' and no way any of the fights are the best that boxing could offer us.

Sky Sports and Eddie Hearn trying to make a quick buck.

Brook vs Gavin tops the bill on a PPV card :mlol:

Twitter views -

@Tonypem

@ringnews24 Not ppv worthy at all, there's not one fight on that card that couldn't have been made without ppv though it's a good card

@Dugo505

@ringnews24 lol Is this a Real question LMAO #NotWorthaDime

@_1_Syd 4h4

@ringnews24 biggest con going, u got to b mad to pay for brook v gavin PPV, BROOK is no Naseem Hamed.

‏@lynnebuckley15

@ringnews24 difficult for this event as the number of fights probably justifies. Individually I wouldn't pay but as collective I can't miss.

‏@Kingy220Paul

@ringnews24 not so much as the whole card,look at that compared to the shit we were fed before the so called fight of the decade

I haven't seen any of the fights yet and i only know the result of the main event, but I never thought this should've been PPV. I would've went down to the pub to watch it like I did for the Bellew v Cleverly fight if I wasn't away on holidays.

That said, I'm looking forward to watching the fights later, I just wouldn't of paid to watch them at home. Hope it's a good one!

Do not do ppv ever!! Pay my subscitption to sky to watch my boxing don't expect to pay it AGAIN!!!!

You pay a TV licence to watch TV. You pay a Sky subscription to watch Sky. Sky then fill the time with adverts to get you to buy stuff. And then they stick things on PPV.

How many times over are we expected to pay for something before it's enough?