[SPOILERS ]Why can't Froch get himself up for a fight with DeGale?

Carl Froch comes out all the time saying "I am not scared of anyone, I will fight anyone, you have watched my fights" yet when it comes to DeGale he says "I can't get motivated to fight him."

Surely now DeGale has beaten Dirrell in his own back yard and won the IBF world title, as a pro Froch should be able to get himself up for the fight?

He gave Groves a chance when he brought no belts to the table, so why not fight DeGale? I just don't get how he can get himself up for Groves but not DeGale.

Maybe he just doesn't fancy it....

Re: [spoilerS ]Why can't Froch get himself up for a fight with DeGale?

I get the impression Froch has been about ready to retire for a while - he seems to have wanted Vegas and nothing else. In some ways I'm glad he didn't have the Chavez fight, but it would have been good to see him beat DeGale as well as Groves - not sure there would be anyone left besides Ward after that.

I get the impression Froch has been about ready to retire for a while - he seems to have wanted Vegas and nothing else. In some ways I'm glad he didn't have the Chavez fight, but it would have been good to see him beat DeGale as well as Groves - not sure there would be anyone left besides Ward after that.

He did say tonight he could get himself up for a fight with GGG.

I thought he maybe slipped up tonight. He said he has a meeting with Hearn and his trainer after that he will go into training. Before and after that quote he said he wont give an answer tonight. Anyone else notice that?

If Froch fights one more time, it should be against Golovkin. This fight, which may actually happen, would be the European version of PacWeather, only with actual, you know, action.

Carl has earned a huge retirement payday, and Golovkin would bring more $$$ than any other opponent they could possibly pick, with the possible exception of Chavez Jr.

Actually, including Chavez, JR, at this point in time.

If Froch fights one more time, it should be against Golovkin.

I'd entertain it as a non-title fight, but middleweights shouldn't get automatic chances at super-middle titles and super-middles shouldn't defend their titles against middleweights.

DeGale now owns the WBC belt but alot of talk seems to be of Froch vs Golovkin. Apparently, Froch will discuss with Eddie Hearn the options, this week, and come to a decision.

IBF* mate (Frochs old belt)