Keith Thurman's next fight is against....

Re: Keith Thurman's next fight is against....

Well he was never getting the Floydy 49 and 0 was he..................? That will be an easy A-Mere-Con walkover.

Floydy wont touch him with a bargepole. This is an easy win for Keith who wont break into a sweat but he's got a living to make. File under "unmemorable fights of 2015" along with every other one up till now.............

Thurman Vs. Collazo announced for PBC on ESPN debut

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/47ce2481e8446aba95c68e663f6ea0b0_S.jpg

The first live Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN (PBC on ESPN) telecast will feature a star-studded 12-round welterweight matchup between undefeated Keith “One Time” Thurman (25-0, 21 KOs) and Luis Collazo (36-6, 19 KOs) when the series debuts on ESPN on Saturday, July 11, at 9 p.m. ET. The opening fight will showcase a 10-round junior middleweight matchup between undefeated Tony Harrison (21-0, 18 KOs) and Willie Nelson (23-2-1, 13 KOs). ESPN3 will also carry live the preliminary bouts at a time to be determined. The card will be held in Tampa, Fla., at a site to be named.

More...

Collazo should see the second half of the fight but only to take a beating. I think he'll be T/KO'd under nine rounds. It would be nice to see him, with his veteran skills, give Thurman something to worry about, but that's incredibly wishful thinking. I can't foresee any way this ends but a Thurman knockout or a 120-107/106 decision if he cruises.

I kinda' see it this way:

In his last few fights, Thurman (IMO) has been throttling back his offense, in an attempt to improve his pacing, balance, accuracy, and defense. He's trying to become a more complete fighter.

Unfortunately, this has meant less-than-spectacular boughts for the fans. Even many of his supporters have started to question wether he really has the offensive thunder we once thought.

This fight is a perfect opportunity for Thurman to swing for the fences, and get a fan-friendly KO. This will then help to get him the top opponents he is just now becoming ready to face.

I expect to see the old, explosive and fast-paced Thurman, but with significantly improved fundamentals. Really looking forward to it.

Edited by Cableaddict

He need to pick better opponent. Big puncher but what's the point of having more KO, when the other guy isn't at his level.

--- Well, James, like Manny Thurman hurt his shoulder and had to rest a spell with treatment that includes cortisone injections.

Thurman could get sued if his shoulder starts acting up during training and he's denied his cortisone shots and Collazo pitterpatters to a Floydy nothing decision. Something to think about...

:smiley-signs101:

Thurman could get sued if his shoulder starts acting up during training and he's denied his cortisone shots and Collazo pitterpatters to a Floydy nothing decision. Something to think about...

Onl;y if he files a legal declaration that says "no, I've had no medical examinations recently" and then suddenly remembers he had that shoulder that he nearly cancelled the fight over...