Wilder - Stiverne media scores, punchstats etc

Very rarely do the media and the judges etc score ALL for the right guy. No CJ Ross last night for the Wilder - Stiverne fight. 42 Media scores with article on the fight

I had it 116-112 Wilder, My full card is on the article.

How did you all score it and was there ANYBODY that scored for Stiverne or had it a draw??

Boxing media unite in praise for Deontay Wilder who targets Tyson Fury and then Wladimir Klitschko | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909

Re: Wilder - Stiverne media scores, punchstats etc

Very rarely do the media and the judges etc score ALL for the right guy. No CJ Ross last night for the Wilder - Stiverne fight. 42 Media scores with article on the fight

I had it 116-112 Wilder, My full card is on the article.

How did you all score it and was there ANYBODY that scored for Stiverne or had it a draw??

Boxing media unite in praise for Deontay Wilder who targets Tyson Fury and then Wladimir Klitschko | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909

--- Dunno, Ms Ross is no better or worse than her peers when it comes to scoring since there is no consensus on how to score a bout with little oversight by the competing ABCs and commishes..

Wilder was always gonna win a decision and Stiverne was always gonna have to knock him out to win. No problems with Wilder winning the decision, but the punch monkey stats and ridiculous wide scores are proof this was a backroom deal. Wilder is now ranked 3rd by boxrec with his first ever win over a fighter who could be seen as a top 10. Credit for taking some decent shots and all that, but 90% of Wilder's arsenal were nothing jabs and in spite of hurting Stiverne more than Stiverne hurt him, Stiverne landed by far the best punches overall, he just lacks a decent level of activity in fights that go the distance at this level just like Mike Weaver.

I scored most of the rounds even with Wilder edging by 2 points, but lacking sound I couldn't ascertain if Siverne going down in the 2nd rd was after the bell sounded or if it counted officially as a knockdown. Anytime these guys got in a little trouble the fight turned sloppy. We'll see who Wilder defends against as he was dragging his dead legs around the last few rounds trying to get away from Stiverne who was hardly throwing any shots for much of the fight.

Re: Wilder - Stiverne media scores, punchstats etc

^ ". No problems with Wilder winning the decision, but the punch monkey stats and ridiculous wide scores are proof this was a backroom deal."

- Except that most of Stiverne's punches MISSED. (The punch stats were way off, as usual.)

It's true tat there's no formal, specific rules on how to score (just some vague nonsense) and this is obviously on purpose, making it easier to rig fights. However, one thing that is absolute is that you don't count a punch that either missed (duh) or was blocked. Probably 90% of Stiverne's punches fall into those categories.

It always amazes me to see a fighter expertly slip a punch, then hear the announcers excitedly talk about it having just landed. I can understand this to some extent since their job is to make the fight as exciting as possible, but there' no excuse for the judges, and even less so for serious fans. I realize that head slips have been somewhat deceiving, but again, not for an educated fan.

Mind you, I don't disagree that Wilder was surely the "house" fighter, and things were rigged to go his way, but in the end that didn't matter.

FWIW I gave Stiverne 2 rounds.

-------------

Edited by Cableaddict