Stiverne vs Wilder confirmed

Skav

It's been confirmed by the World Boxing Council that current WBC Heavyweight Champion Bermane "B-Ware" Stiverne (24-1-1, 21 KOs) will make his first title defense against mandatory challenger Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder (32-0, 32 KOs) on Saturday, January 17, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. - See more at: Deontay Wilder vs Bermane Stiverne - January 17

Deontay Wilder vs Bermane Stiverne - January 17

Re: Stiverne vs Wilder confirmed

This is what I want to hear. Let's see what is real!

Fantastic match-up. This should be PPV, as Boxing fans will want to see the outcome. You don't get this excitement from a Klitschko fight. One of these guys, will come-out as the next threat to Wladimir Klitscho but we all know we are waiting for Anthony Joshua.

This is what I want to hear. Let's see what is real!

Fantastic match-up. This should be PPV, as Boxing fans will want to see the outcome. You don't get this excitement from a Klitschko fight. One of these guys, will come-out as the next threat to Wladimir Klitscho but we all know we are waiting for Anthony Joshua.

Not sure about the value of it being on PPV, both are still relatively unknown and probably the casuals have no idea who they are. The more free boxing there is right now the better. The sport needs a big lift.

Not sure about the value of it being on PPV, both are still relatively unknown and probably the casuals have no idea who they are. The more free boxing there is right now the better. The sport needs a big lift.

Agree Lee and I'm glad it's free. Just think it has appeal due to the question marks, hype surrounding Wilder. But probably too much of a gamble to make it a PPV.

here we find out if Deontay Wilder can take a punch and dig in.

He can't - every time anyone's hit him with any force, he's gone peculiar - by all accounts, Sconiers didn't just put him down but out, and the referee bent the fight for Wilder.He's so poor defensively and takes a shot so badly, I think he needs to blast Stiverne out of there as quickly as possible. He's certainly got the freakish power to do it, judging by what he did to Liakhovich.

Glad to see this finally coming off. Whoever wins this will be a Klitschko target, and the target of the Chisora-Fury winner. Interesting things yet to come.

--- Plenty of time left for this to derail.

Stiverne never the most svelte of fighters reportedly hogfat after going on a world celebrity banquet. Takes a lot of training to slim down a fatboy and injuries tend to pile up and then there's DKing and his monkey wrenches...

He can't - every time anyone's hit him with any force, he's gone peculiar - by all accounts, Sconiers didn't just put him down but out, and the referee bent the fight for Wilder.He's so poor defensively and takes a shot so badly, I think he needs to blast Stiverne out of there as quickly as possible. He's certainly got the freakish power to do it, judging by what he did to Liakhovich.

Nonsense. That fight used to be on Youtube a few years ago. Sconiers caught him good, it was def a solid KD (unlike the slip against Dustin Nichols) but there was no save by the ref, IIRC, Wilder got up and immediately went to work on Sconier's head.

Stiverne has no chance at all unless he can somehow completely change his style and become a front foot, pressure fighter. (Which is the one thing that can cause Wilder trouble.) If he tries to lay on the ropes and counter, against a guy with an 84" reach and huge power, Stiverne won't last three rounds.

Say, aren't you going to claim Liakhovich took a dive? :laugh:

Wilder haterz sure are funny ......

Say, aren't you going to claim Liakhovich took a dive? :laugh:

Wilder haterz sure are funny ......

Liahkovich was shot to fucking bits but nobody had ever done that to him before, so fair play.

I don't hate Wilder, I look forward to seeing him in against decent opposition, which he has yet to do.

But if he were even half as defensive as you are, he'd have far better prospects than he currently has ;)

Liahkovich was shot to fucking bits but nobody had ever done that to him before, so fair play.

I don't hate Wilder, I look forward to seeing him in against decent opposition, which he has yet to do.

But if he were even half as defensive as you are, he'd have far better prospects than he currently has ;)

LOL.

Touche' :tea:

(But seriously, watch some of his earlier fights. A few of his opponents were really quite decent, and Wilder showed incredibly GOOD defense, including his backwards footwork. All you have to do is spend some time on Yoo-Toob.

Edited by Cableaddict