Kell brook vs. Juan manuel marquez 2015 summer showdown in sheffield "highly possible

March 7, 2015 could be the date for the first defense of newly-crowned IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook. The Sheffield-born undefeated fighter is nearing a return to the ring after undergoing treatment for an injury he sustained when he was attacked and stabbed on vacation in Tenerife. The opponent for Brook's first defense has yet to be determined, and the injury he sustained could be a determining factor in the caliber of opponent he faces next. That being said, promoter Eddie Hearn has confirmed that preliminary talks have been held with Top Rank and representatives of the legendary Juan Manuel Marquez about a potential showdown in Brook's hometown. In fact, according to one source, the fight is "highly possible" since an offer has been made and the only thing standing in the way is a final decision from Marquez.

"We have penciled in March 7 [for Kell Brook's ring return] in Sheffield and he starts training next week...maybe we'll fight the winner of the IBF final eliminator between Kevin Bizier and JoJo Dan to get it out the way to clear the path for a big fight in the summer," Eddie Hearn explained in a recent interview. "I love the fight [brook vs. Marquez]. I've spoke to Top Rank and Marquez's people and I think Brook vs. Marquez over here is a wonderful fight and a wonderful event...if he doesn't fight Pacquiao, he would love a crack at a title in a fifth weight, and he can try that against Kell Brook. Bring him over here."

On numerous occassions, Marquez has made it clear that a welterweight title is high on his list of final accomplishements, having already won titles in four different weight classes. A fight with Kell Brook is an ideal opportunity for him to accomplish that goal. Likewise, Brook, who displayed his talents in an impressive victory over the previously unbeaten former champion Shawn Porter back in August, is now looking to take his career to the superstar level, and an intriguing showdown in the UK with the Mexican legend could be the ideal fight to do that.

Although the 41-year-old Marquez has recently stated that he is uncertain about his future, the possibility of becoming Mexico's first ever five-division world champion may be too good for him to turn down. The fight also makes perfect sense for Kell Brook, who is now looking to add top names to his resume en route to becoming a top star in the sport.

Re: Kell brook vs. Juan manuel marquez 2015 summer showdown in sheffield "highly poss

JMM is one that I'm not a big fan of for a few reasons. Is he doing PEDs to get stronger at his advanced boxing age?

Money is in the 500th fight with Pacquiao but Marquez has seemed stubborn about another fight, after the emphatic KO last time. I'd like to see Brook given a run out against Bizier or Dan - neither an easy fight especially after this injury.

But, if all goes good then I'm sure there is money in a Brook vs JMM fight in the UK. Just not looking forward to the hyperbole that will come from Eddie Hearn.

Re: Kell brook vs. Juan manuel marquez 2015 summer showdown in sheffield "highly poss

JMM is one that I'm not a big fan of for a few reasons. Is he doing PEDs to get stronger at his advanced boxing age?

Money is in the 500th fight with Pacquiao but Marquez has seemed stubborn about another fight, after the emphatic KO last time. I'd like to see Brook given a run out against Bizier or Dan - neither an easy fight especially after this injury.

But, if all goes good then I'm sure there is money in a Brook vs JMM fight in the UK. Just not looking forward to the hyperbole that will come from Eddie Hearn.

There's no doubt at all in my mind he's on PEDs. In the last three years. He's gotten faster and more powerful and gained a muscular, acne covered torso. Look at his flabby physique in the Mayweather fight and then at it for the last Pacqiuao fight. It looks like two different guys.

There's no doubt at all in my mind he's on PEDs. In the last three years. He's gotten faster and more powerful and gained a muscular, acne covered torso. Look at his flabby physique in the Mayweather fight and then at it for the last Pacqiuao fight. It looks like two different guys.

--- Far be it for me to defend the poor sap who went out and hired a notorious Balco trainer, but he came up 2 divisions on short notice for Floydy.

He's had years now to adjust to all the modern power exercises he's doing, so PEDs or not he was always gonna be in better shape than for the Floydy fight where he trained up by throwing large rocks around and keeping a cathater bag for his tonics. Doubt he's any faster but his HULK scare factor sure put Bradley on the run...piss breath!

I've got my suspicions about Marquez but that punch that KO'd Manny would have had the same effect if he wasn't taking anything. And I am confident that he would stop Brook without taking anything, too.