Hara and Tanaka make weight!

iamasadlittleboy

http://boxingnews.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tanakahara.png

Earliertoday saw the official weigh in for tomorrow's monster clash in Tokyo between Ryuji Hara (18-0, 10) and Kosei Tanaka (3-0, 1) and thankfully both men weighed in on target for the bout.

The bout, for the OPBF Minimumweight title, saw Hara being the slightly heavier man as he came in on the divisional limit of 105lbs exactly whilst Tanaka came in just a shade lighter at 104.75lbs. For Hara this is the same weight he has weight in 4 of his last 6 bouts whilst for Tanaka his weight was a career lightest, though it was the first time he contracted to actually fight as a Minimumweight.

Re: Hara and Tanaka make weight!

I don't think Tanaka hits hard enough to trouble Hara, in which case he's going to lose a generous decision. After which, of course, he'll be given the WBC minimumweight title inside 4 fights.

Take it you've not seen much of either if you think that...Tanaka hit's genuinely hard but has focused on getting some rounds, within 3 fights he has already had a complete 8 rounder, his victory over Omayao was nothing short of destructive with the laser guided straight right hands. Hara has been bounced off the canvas a few times in recent fights.

Take it you've not seen much of either if you think that...Tanaka hit's genuinely hard but has focused on getting some rounds, within 3 fights he has already had a complete 8 rounder, his victory over Omayao was nothing short of destructive with the laser guided straight right hands. Hara has been bounced off the canvas a few times in recent fights.

What time is this on Scott? Is there a stream for this mate?

Take it you've not seen much of either if you think that...

Given I don't watch the amateurs and Tanaka has been a pro for all of about 5 minutes, it'd be a bit difficult for me to see much of him!

The destruction of Omayao may be an excellent KO, but Omayao's record appears to be that of a journeyman, or at least not a top-level fighter, so it's a bit like the sorts of people Anthony Joshua's been bowling through - very impressive so long as you don't look beneath the surface.

Edited by gavpowell

Given I don't watch the amateurs and Tanaka has been a pro for all of about 5 minutes, it'd be a bit difficult for me to see much of him!

The destruction of Omayao may be an excellent KO, but Omayao's record appears to be that of a journeyman, or at least not a top-level fighter, so it's a bit like the sorts of people Anthony Joshua's been bowling through - very impressive so long as you don't look beneath the surface.

For what it's worth Omayao went significantly longer with Inoue and Tanaka's first two opponents were world ranked when he fought them. It'd have been like Joshua going 6 rounds with Travis Kauffman on debut >_>.

Omayao isn't so much a journeyman as a VERY mismanaged guy, next time out he's fighting Genki Hanai who will do a job on him as well.

Bud the fight isn't being shown live but i imagine video uploaded within 24 hours. I suspect the result will be out before 2pm UK time (9pm Tokyo)