Juan Manuel Marquez vs Miguel Cotto in the works?

WelshDevilRob

By Gabriel F. Cordero

In the last hours there has been information about a possible fight between former world champion Juan Manuel Marquez and current WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto. Although there is no official statement from either party, Marquez’ trainer Ignacio Beristain said the bout would seem an excellent choice provided it is agreed at a weight between the welter and super welter weight categories.

Cotto recently surprised fight fans on his personal Twitter account when he informed that he wouldn’t fight in December but will appear to the first quarter of 2015. Márquez continues to mull over his boxing future with his family, but a source confirmed to Fightnews.com that this weekend Marquez would be meeting with his promoter Fernando Beltran in Mexico City.

Source: Fightnews

------------------------------

Can't see how they make this happen.

Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Miguel Cotto in the works?

By Gabriel F. Cordero

In the last hours there has been information about a possible fight between former world champion Juan Manuel Marquez and current WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto. Although there is no official statement from either party, Marquez’ trainer Ignacio Beristain said the bout would seem an excellent choice provided it is agreed at a weight between the welter and super welter weight categories.

--- This just a negotiation ploy stringing Manny and Canelo along for a ride.

Maybe Golovkin too. I'd imagine you could get 400-1 odds of this fight never happening.

Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Miguel Cotto in the works?

--- This just a negotiation ploy stringing Manny and Canelo along for a ride.

Maybe Golovkin too. I'd imagine you could get 400-1 odds of this fight never happening.

I know JMM seems to be getting bulkier these days and Cotto isn't a true Middleweight but what type of lb range could this fight realistically be made at? I agree it's just 'smoke and mirrors'.