Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brook v Porter Result

Re: 80% of boxing media score for Brook over Porter

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    The high number surprised me although as the you will see on the article the ave score was close. I scored it 114-114.

The 117-111 score i feel is far too wide.

so how did you all score the fight?

here is the article with all the scores...... Nine members of the press believe Shawn Porter deserved the decision against Kell Brook | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909
    --- It's plainer than stink on stink that boxing has a problem when in effect nobody really knows the score. Can you imagine what a stink pro golf, baseball, basketball, and US/Euro football would be like if they used the boxing 10 point must system?

It's utterly appalling that the long time "bible" rag couldn't muster a single case being made for The Special Stinker winning prior, but how quickly everyone has rolled over making him the newest annointed big thing in boxing. I don't care what anyone thinks, 100% of me scored 100% for Porter with the only 10 point rounds TSS receiving being a couple of 10-10 rounds late in the fight. Without Porter there would've been no fight as I've already seen the best TSS could do against Carson Jones and it was poor to say the least.

That this terrible card was in Cali where Porter has no fan base and GB has complete control of the commish as Hearn and Oscar look to do some male bonding over their self manufacture Khan/TSS superfights says it all. That they are first talking a domestic defense against the horrid Bundu now explains the Gavin decision fully for me. Gavin knows how to box. Stink knows how to hold and pose and pose and hold in no particular order and he poses better than Bundu.

That's fine, just so I know the true score = whatever the scores disagree with each other gives me all I need to put the more obvious canned aspects of boxing in context which is really the way it's always been historically.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

Re: Brook v Porter Result

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post
    --- It's plainer than stink on stink that boxing has a problem when in effect nobody really knows the score. Can you imagine what a stink pro golf, baseball, basketball, and US/Euro football would be like if they used the boxing 10 point must system?

It's utterly appalling that the long time "bible" rag couldn't muster a single case being made for The Special Stinker winning prior, but how quickly everyone has rolled over making him the newest annointed big thing in boxing. I don't care what anyone thinks, 100% of me scored 100% for Porter with the only 10 point rounds TSS receiving being a couple of 10-10 rounds late in the fight. Without Porter there would've been no fight as I've already seen the best TSS could do against Carson Jones and it was poor to say the least.

That this terrible card was in Cali where Porter has no fan base and GB has complete control of the commish as Hearn and Oscar look to do some male bonding over their self manufacture Khan/TSS superfights says it all. That they are first talking a domestic defense against the horrid Bundu now explains the Gavin decision fully for me. Gavin knows how to box. Stink knows how to hold and pose and pose and hold in no particular order and he poses better than Bundu.

That's fine, just so I know the true score = whatever the scores disagree with each other gives me all I need to put the more obvious canned aspects of boxing in context which is really the way it's always been historically.
    Awwww, would you like a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ton View Post
    Awwww, would you like a hug?
    --- Nah, I'll leave the male hugging for Brook.

It's only a fight for me.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

I don't know how anyone could enjoy that fight. I found it very boring their styles just didn't gel from the first to the last bell.

I expected more from Porter and Brook in a world title fight, neither to me seemed as if they really wanted it.

I scored the fight to Brook by 2 rounds but I couldn't give him it by anymore like the judges did. I wouldn't complain about Dave Parris scorecard as some of the rounds were tough to score with all the cuddling.

The right fighter won for me.

Was the right decision but as others have said it was an awful fight. Glad I didnt stay up for it live. Very scrappy with very few stand out moments or exchanges.

Hopefully now Brook is a champ and will have mandatories he'll fight more than once or twice every 18 months and actually have a go at being a professional boxer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2