After last nights Eubank and Saunders fight - who wins?

The_budweiser

COMMENTS FROM CIARANS FACEBOOK PAGE:

Ciaran Gibbons Billy Jo Saunders is in top 10 of all world governing bodies ,Chris Eubank Jr has yet to fight anybody near that level. Saunders wins it easy for me.

John Reynolds I've said it before & I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong, if his surname wasn't Eubank he wouldn't be anywhere near a title. Totally unproven so far. Saunders win all day long.

Danny Weaver Sullivan Do u not think though ciaran that that Italian guys speed caused bj a few problems last night ?

Ciaran Gibbons Its a fight his name & disrespectfull comments have made rather than what Eubank has done in the ring. If I was Saunders team I would get fight made asap then go for world title. Easy money .

Ciaran Gibbons Yes he did but Eubank is not close to that level yet.

Wayne TheMallet Allert I think Eubank has the talent to beat him, if you ask the people that have sparred him they might say the same

Danny Weaver Sullivan I think Eubank needs to fight blackwell & Ryder 1st

Wayne TheMallet Allert If I was Saunders I'd personally want to fight him now before he gains anymore experience

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour I wouldn't say easy Ciaran. But at this stage I'd back Saunders.

Jay Yates When they fight, Ebank will win, I've never been more sure of anything.

He's underrated because people simply don't like him, yet all the knowledgeable people in the industry know what's going on with this kid. Look at the people that are vouching for him, people like Adam Booth who has no vested interest in Chris, going on TV and singing his praises, when has he ever EVER done that ?

Ask Froch & Groves how good they think he is. Ask Degale also, tell him to be honest lol.

He will be more successful than his dad.

Billy is trying to get him as early as he can, he was calling out Chris when he was a 6 fight novice.

If you think it's an "easy win" for Saunders, then I just don't know what to say.

He is unproven though, that much is true.

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour Jay, Eubanks defence is terrible and wild thats why I think Saunders wins but I am not sure if its due to the fact that Eubank is fighting fighters without a pulse and he is taking more risks as he can get away with the huge gaps he leaves. One things for sure he should have stepped it up by now.

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour He will be more successful than his dad - I just cant see it.

Tony Baker Agree

Brian James I find it interesting the knee- jerk cliches that come out on Jnr. I’ve said from 8 fights back, that the kid has 'something'...and has been generally matched very well for his experience level. N.B. He is now being bigged- up by Adam Booth, David Haye, Tris Dixon and Carl Froch and Groves have massive praise for him.

As for BJS - a year ago very, very few gave Eubank a chance. But as of now, Eubank's progress shows me he WILL beat BJS within a year (and I will study BJS' fight later to 100% confirm that opinion, lol).

p.s. Let me also say, at his current level, his offensive combination capability (caveat: we have yet to see what comes defensively at higher levels!) is the most startlingly kinetic I've seen of anyone current UK-side.

Jay Yates James - His defence was beautiful going 10 rounds with Carl Froch in sparring.

Charles Crane untill eubanks realises his loose guard n hit me if you can style is going to catch him out.

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour Sparring means nothing though Jay. Many a fighter has said I beat so and so in sparring then find them selfs flat on the canvas. Sparring is to learn new things and grow as a fighter. I take sparring with a pinch of salt.

Danny Weaver Sullivan Brian I know the guy Eubank fought wasn't the best but what more could he have done to him? I just felt watching bjs against the Italian Eubank would have caused him problems

Brian James Danny - I'm with ya, bro. Watching BJS a little later. And no, BJS' last three fights have left me cold, in general. Impressed by his technical ability but watched him get caught continually, typically tire by round 8 and with nowhere near the kind of verve and power Eubank is showing each time he opens up!

Jay Yates James - then you have never sparred.

Danny Weaver Sullivan Like I said earlier brian I'd like to see Eubank in with blackwell & Ryder then we will see how good he really is

Charles Crane sparring is sparring .fighting is fighting ,very different at times.

Jay Yates Would Booth say publicly that he was the real deal if he had huge flaws, he never even said that about Groves, Chris isn't even a Booth guy.

It's the worst kept secret in the industry that Chris is a top prospect. Nobody wants to believe it, it's the unspeakable truth.

If he didn't jump the ropes, was from Liverpool and called Smith everyone would be gushing over him.

Brian James And by all accounts he want them and (Steve Collins jnr) too, Danny.

Danny Weaver Sullivan I think the Collins jr 1 is just a cash in on their dad's fight

Brian James I don't agree with some of Jnr Eubank’s corner antics in fights (and would hate to know he is as cold with his fans!) But he isn't even doing an early Mayweather or recent Broner or exhibiting truly shit behaviour. I can see where it's annoying to some, but as a persona he's exhibiting nothing more than ultra-self -confidence rather than talking about other fighters in the crassly disrespectful way Haye, Fury, Chisora, BJS and even Carl Froch have done of late!! Funny how those guys are still supported...eh?

Anyway, where Team Eubank are being clever is in that many of the so -outraged guys will be 100% watching him next...lol.

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour Yes - I have Jay but no one of note. Sparring is a training exercise nothing more. You try new things in sparring, new combos, movement, etc and you can get found out. It helps you adjust your style and technique and prepare for a proper fight. To say it means anything is silly..... I don't think sparring means too much on who will win a fight be interesting to see what some pros think... Iain Butcher Matty Clarkson Neil Dawson Ricky Boylan Stephen Simmons Josh Leather Paul Butlin Chris Twinny Jenkinson Iceman-John Scully John Thain John McCallum Jamie Williams AJ Carter

Brian James It';s a business Dans Got to make your money while steadily moving ahead...

Brian James If you aren't good enough you get crushed - even in sparring ! Froch came out raving about Eubanks...!

Danny Weaver Sullivan Yeah he's doing exactly the same as his dad & people are still falling for it lol I've seen him out & about in London & he's always polite when I say hello to him

Brian James Never yet seen BJS, DeGale or Groves (sure he could against that oppo, tbf) rattle of that spitefulness of fight -finishing combo...on anyone! The kid is growing...and growing well!

Jay Yates I the sparring sessions that Chris has been in have convinced many people that he is legit, more so than his fights.

If you were poor, you would get murderer by Froch in sparring and you would get knocked out by Groves. Both bigger men, right in the ...See More

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour How many camps/fighters have said Ricky Burns is quality during sparring and look at his last few fights. I think your reading too much into sparring. Were you present during the Froch-Eubank sparring or did you just watch the 10 seconds of Eubank on Sky Sports showing him throwing a combination?

Jay Yates It's not my opinion that's important, it's the opinions of the people that were there lol.

Sparring is the only thing we have to judge Chris at this point, we are judging potential.

your opinion is that "Eubanks defence is terrible"

I'm telling you his defence has never been tested, other than in sparring of course.

Nobody that's worked with Chris thinks he has a terrible defence. Not Roger Mayweather, not Booth, not McCracken.

But you do, I know who I'm siding with on this, no offence.

Eubank will reach the top, Saunders will not. That's my prediction. If they fight, Eubank will win.

I'm not sold on Billys conditioning, I even think it's responsible for him being in, in my opinion, the wrong weighclass.

I think that's going to hold him back.

I don't see anything that can hold Chris back, I'm not alone in this school of thought, in fact I'm in good company, it just happens to be unpopular.

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour I said his defence was terrible yes and I think Jay in fights its there for all too see. He is wild and leaves big gaps but I also said thats maybe due to the level of fighters that he is currently facing and he takes more gambles/risks. You may be right in sparring against Froch it was better but until he proves it in a real fight with a fighter with a pulse it is still questionable.

SO WHO WINS THIS FIGHT IF IT HAPPENED TODAY?

Edited by the_budweiser

Re: After last nights Eubank and Saunders fight - who wins?

Right now, I'd still edge Saunders. Eubank fought a much lower level of opponent, but still looked good. Blandamura is a slick boxer...not the easiest guy to break down, was undefeated, and BJS got the job done. Eubank has potential, but hasn't reached BJS's level, and I'm still not quite sure where that is. Still, he's a European champion, while Eubank remains a gamble, a prospect. You definitely don't know how he'd handle a top guy.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

It's becoming hard and harder to rate either of them. Saunders keeps looking iffy (Blackwell, Ryder and Blandamura) and Eubank Jr is beating guys my 60 year old gran could stop. Saunders probably wins but neither are going to be world class unless a lot changes in the near future.

Eubank doesnt need the rounds - when he is focused on just hitting and not pouting like his old man, he hits extremely hard - Saunders will be taken out very easily, he isnt beyond being Euro level and Jnr quite frankly is!!

Eubank doesnt need the rounds - when he is focused on just hitting and not pouting like his old man, he hits extremely hard - Saunders will be taken out very easily, he isnt beyond being Euro level and Jnr quite frankly is!!

He hits hard against the crap he's been fighting - question is whether it'll carry up when he fights guys with pulses.

He hits hard against the crap he's been fighting - question is whether it'll carry up when he fights guys with pulses.

Thats the question Gav - but for me it doesnt need answering, I can see the way he conducts himself so I already have all the information I need!!

James Tonks Ringnews Twentyfour I wouldn't say easy Ciaran. But at this stage I'd back Saunders.

--- Indeedy, this low hanging fruit for Saunders.

If they thought they could beat Saunders the fight would've been made by now or at least other better fights than the level they've been scrounging at. Saunders may not be the next big thing, but all Jr is is the son of Sr riding daddy coattails. Gym talent is a dime a dozen in any era. Time to man up or at least pull a Fury who regardless of his current state of witlessness remains a top ranked contender.

Its ironic that Saunders has been screaming snipes about Jnr for months - but as soon as Eubank lets some go back his way, Billy starts swearing in the ring and getting high blood pressure :mlol:

Thats the question Gav - but for me it doesnt need answering, I can see the way he conducts himself so I already have all the information I need!!

Yes, much better than actually getting any evidence. Weren't you similarly convinced Price was going places?

Yes, much better than actually getting any evidence. Weren't you similarly convinced Price was going places?

I was - but I aint wrong often so that one will stand out for you I guess :ranger:

I was - but I aint wrong often so that one will stand out for you I guess :ranger:

It's the only other occasion I recall seeing you championing a prospect, and it's a direct parallel. Also, you'll find I have an excellent memory for conversations - dates and times much less so!

Eubank hasnt had a proper smack in the mouth yet and BJS loses interest after 2 rounds. Would be interesting fight at this stage of their careers but Team Eubank is swerving this fight worse than Floyd swerved Stevie.

I think BJS wins (just) if they were to fight tomorrow.

Father and son failing to turn up at the official Warren presser was worse than shameful.......................even cowardly. And then he disses BJS in his post-fight interview by calling him "Average Joe Saunders". But hadn't got the bottle to face him at the presser(?!) Hmmmmm. Cowardly and shameful, and will be remembered by many.

Saunders seems to be falling behind.

There was a time when he was on Frank Warrens Olympians shows where he genuinely looked like a future world champion. Shot selection, combinations, speed, footwork, all looked very very good for a young prospect. He seems to still be riding on that though and hasn't kicked on as expected.

Eubank Jr. looks very good to me. Now he's freed himself from the disaster that is Hennessey he now looks as though he's gonna bag himself some titles, very possibly a world title.

I genuinely think Eubank would win, even in these early days of his career.

It's the only other occasion I recall seeing you championing a prospect, and it's a direct parallel. Also, you'll find I have an excellent memory for conversations - dates and times much less so!
Take it for what it was gav.....a joke :faint:

Saunders seems to be falling behind.

There was a time when he was on Frank Warrens Olympians shows where he genuinely looked like a future world champion. Shot selection, combinations, speed, footwork, all looked very very good for a young prospect. He seems to still be riding on that though and hasn't kicked on as expected.

Eubank Jr. looks very good to me. Now he's freed himself from the disaster that is Hennessey he now looks as though he's gonna bag himself some titles, very possibly a world title.

I genuinely think Eubank would win, even in these early days of his career.

Meathead the voice of reason :ranger: