Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: General Boxing (worth mentioning, not thread worthy)

General Boxing (worth mentioning, not thread worthy)

Add everything here thats worth mentioning and not thread worthy.

Re: General Boxing (worth mentioning, not thread worthy)

Quote Originally Posted by the_budweiser View Post
    Add everything here thats worth mentioning and not thread worthy.
    --- Well, this is already the "general" boxing forum in a "world" sense that has seemingly incorporated Asian and Women's boxing.

Chris Algieri (19-0 8 KOs) takes on WBO champ Ruslan Provodnikov this Saturday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Algeri seems to be a scholar as he is a boxer, holding a Bachelors of Science in Health Care Management then a Masters from local New York schools and understands he's in a classic tall stylist vs squat slugger match up with a gameplan to stick and move and fight his way off the ropes.

Could be a great fight or ugly or stupid depending on the actions of the ref and judges not to mention the hamhanded NY commish. I'm sure the style matchup will be pleasing if left unsullied by the officiating. Algieri is typical of modern boxing, he's not been very well tested, but he's not going against a great reigning champ but rather a newly crowned flavor of the month, a Siberian, the first ever to win a title me thinks.

It's a topic worthy of a thread, but you seem to be economizing and streamlining the site, so I'm OK with that in that one of the weaknesses of the big websites is sheer magnitude of worthlessly stupid threads being dumped one on top of the other in endless streams. Not many to care for Algieri vs Provo, but they would be rated in the 98-99th percentile of all boxers who ever boxed and deserve some attention.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

Interesting to see Helenius on the podium aswell.

Price does a silly dance at the end. Bermane posted this on his FB page earlier.

1st of all - good idea for a thread dude - the none-thread thread......................

Right, what about this bollocks that Andre Ward is ducking Kovalev? Source If he steps up to LHW for one fight and beats him [which IMHO he will easily] - then whats next for him at this weight? Duma getting her knickers in a twist about it trying to get the fight made. The Superman fight isn't an option because he's now with Haymon/Showtime so I think he's quite right to want to stay at SMW and get it on with the likes of Froch, Groves or the one thats been widely touted JCC Jr.

What say y'all.....................?

Quote Originally Posted by selij View Post
    1st of all - good idea for a thread dude - the none-thread thread......................
    I got the idea from another boxing forum. It was very popular there, so I thought lets give it a try.

I got the idea from another boxing forum
    I f*cking know that! I didnt want to steal your thunder though..........................

Quote Originally Posted by selij View Post
    Right, what about this bollocks that Andre Ward is ducking Kovalev? Source If he steps up to LHW for one fight and beats him [which IMHO he will easily] - then whats next for him at this weight?
    --- At last reference, Mama's boy won't step up to lightheavy where he competed in the Olympics in spite of the biggest fights awaiting him there.

Been a pro for 10 years and a mature 30 year old, so what's holding him back other than he also won't travel the two hour trip to Vegas for a big fight and otherwise stinks up Cali everytime he fights. He and his hometown refs gas the other fighters who have to wear handcuffs and leg irons in the ring. Way too light in the loafers for my taste, but perfect for modern day metro men and yummies for whom canned fights and canned lives go hand in hand.
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

There are no money fights for Ward full stop - he's never gonna get the larger cut of a big purse, and as soon as he gets knocked off the top of the tree, he's worthless.

in spite of the biggest fights awaiting him there.
    Kovalev...............thats it. And then what? Kovalev #2, #3, #4?

Superman aint happening coz he's Showtime. Are you saying he IS ducking Kov then LRR?

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast