Craig Kennedy and Romeo Romaeo looking to shine on Cardiff bill

RINGNEWS24

Re: Craig Kennedy and Romeo Romaeo looking to shine on Cardiff bill

Stream for the Cardiff Show tonight. You should see me at ringside. From 7.45 PM:

Rob-

Bud and I looked for you but didn't see you. Didn't look like a big crowd, although they sure did take in a LOT of money with auctioning off all that stuff from Ray Leonard and Roy Jones.

Rob-

Bud and I looked for you but didn't see you. Didn't look like a big crowd, although they sure did take in a LOT of money with auctioning off all that stuff from Ray Leonard and Roy Jones.

I almost didn't get in, Dave. Guy doing the press passes, wanted to see my Press Card - I don't have one. So, got turned away but luckily had promoter Steve Sims number and he then phoned the press guy to let me in. I was slightly late, so was up in the press section on the balcony - which was a good view. Was chatting to Ciaran - who was doing the camera work for the stream (as he was on the balcony).

The show was hit by awful badluck in terms of pullouts - even the main event. The crowd looked sparse, in the seating, but that was because they were all in the bar area - they seemed to be all there for the main event fighter - Craig Kennedy. Think it holds about 1,000 people in total. Probably about 75% full but understandable given all the pull-outs.

I almost didn't get in, Dave. Guy doing the press passes, wanted to see my Press Card - I don't have one. So, got turned away but luckily had promoter Steve Sims number and he then phoned the press guy to let me in. I was slightly late, so was up in the press section on the balcony - which was a good view. Was chatting to Ciaran - who was doing the camera work for the stream (as he was on the balcony).

The show was hit by awful badluck in terms of pullouts - even the main event. The crowd looked sparse, in the seating, but that was because they were all in the bar area - they seemed to be all there for the main event fighter - Craig Kennedy. Think it holds about 1,000 people in total. Probably about 75% full but understandable given all the pull-outs.

Hmmm, did you ask what exactly he would be looking for in that regard and more importantly who would issue it? Might want to ask around and see what others use as a Press Card, it might not be anything as formal as you might think.

Glad to hear that the crowd was better than it appeared on the TV, I baled out after the finished the Auction and Bud left shoutbox, so I didn't see the Main Event. Look forward to reading your report though.

Hmmm, did you ask what exactly he would be looking for in that regard and more importantly who would issue it? Might want to ask around and see what others use as a Press Card, it might not be anything as formal as you might think.

Glad to hear that the crowd was better than it appeared on the TV, I baled out after the finished the Auction and Bud left shoutbox, so I didn't see the Main Event. Look forward to reading your report though.

Seems to be alot of places that issue the Press Card.

http://www.presscard.uk.com/

Seems to be alot of places that issue the Press Card.

http://www.presscard.uk.com/

Damn, I thought maybe it was something like the BWAA Membership Card over here (Boxing Writers of America Association), what your talking about is something issued to all members of the Press, not just sports writers. Something like that, I bet 95% of Press Row for any of the fights I've covered wouldn't have. That's something you show at the White House before being able to get into a Presidential Press Conference, not some damn boxing match :laugh: