Who was the best; Leonard, Hearns, Hagler or Duran?

RAZZ-MCFC

Who was the best; Leonard, Hearns, Hagler or Duran?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best; Leonard, Hearns, Hagler or Duran?

• Sugar Ray Leonard
    • Thomas 'Hitman' Hearns
    • 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler
    • Roberto Duran

Re: Who was the best; Leonard, Hearns, Hagler or Duran?

--- More hate self projection from you.

Not a clue how a guy who criticizes seemingly every boxer who ever stepped in a ring, and who won't stop hating members who are willing to forgive and forget, has the front to accuse someone who is constantly defending boxers who others are unfairly critcizing, as being hateful, but then again, you do have a reputation as being bizarre, to say the least, and your double standards are more famous than Marciano's 49-0......and just as easy to see through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to learn more about these great fighters, is it better to watch youtube clip of their fights between each other or documentaries covering their fights?

I'd say both as they were almost always in entertaining fights. Also there is a good book on them called Four Kings.

I'm just over halfway through watching the downloads of the Hitman's career. Absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to see some of Duran's bouts I've not found or seen before. All four are superb in different ways, and I'm actually going to match the fights up with the timeline of the Four Kings book, and the individual biographies I've got of Duran, Hagler and Hearns, and Leonard's autobiography (just for varied views and opinion). Happy days ahead

--- Can't go wrong with the top of the food chain. May the Force of boxing be with you.

Best fights were Duran 1 vs Leonard and Hagler, Hearns vs Leonard 1/2, and Hagler/Hearns.

Nice one. Just a quick question please. I've managed to download most of Hearns career thread, and am hoping to do the same with Leonard and Hagler. I've found a couple of Duran's fights (5) via Simbros' downloads (wow!!). Are there any other Duran fights or a career thread I've not found within the downloads section and am I just being dumb? Or should I put in a Boxing Request? Thanks

I just find Hearns the most likable of the four, both as a fighter and person. Leonard was the glamourous and quite smug media darling, Hagler was a cold and arrogant trash talker and Duran was an arrogant macho-bullshitter and couldn't admit a defeat, neither to Leonard or Benitez. Well, when he lost to Benitez he just waved out with his arm and made a grimace as if he was saying "that doesn't count!" I like him as a fighter but he also ate too much between fights and therefore lost some fights he should have won, like against Laing. I mean, Kirkland Laing, a guy Colin Jones destroyed twice?! Ffs. Hearns was only let down by his chin and earlier on his stamina. Otherwise, he was a great fighter with so many strengths and as far as I know, a nice guy who hardly ever talked shit about his opponents. He liked showboating occasionally, thats all.

Nice one. Just a quick question please. I've managed to download most of Hearns career thread, and am hoping to do the same with Leonard and Hagler. I've found a couple of Duran's fights (5) via Simbros' downloads (wow!!). Are there any other Duran fights or a career thread I've not found within the downloads section and am I just being dumb? Or should I put in a Boxing Request? Thanks

Here's the original Duran career download topic. Probably deadlinks but will give you an idea of what fights are out there: http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=926

I just find Hearns the most likable of the four, both as a fighter and person. Leonard was the glamourous and quite smug media darling, Hagler was a cold and arrogant trash talker and Duran was an arrogant macho-bullshitter and couldn't admit a defeat, neither to Leonard or Benitez. Well, when he lost to Benitez he just waved out with his arm and made a grimace as if he was saying "that doesn't count!" I like him as a fighter but he also ate too much between fights and therefore lost some fights he should have won, like against Laing. I mean, Kirkland Laing, a guy Colin Jones destroyed twice?! Ffs. Hearns was only let down by his chin and earlier on his stamina. Otherwise, he was a great fighter with so many strengths and as far as I know, a nice guy who hardly ever talked shit about his opponents. He liked showboating occasionally, thats all.
To be fair Laing had massive natural talent and could embarrass anyone on his day. Too often he didn't bother training and also had a horrible habit of boxing with his hands dangling by his sides. The Jones fight are almost identical in how they play out. Laing builds a large points lead gets sloppy (overconfident?) and gets nailed and stopped. See the Buck Smith fight as another example.