Adrien's problem...is that people don't really like him

iamasadlittleboy

Re: Adrien's problem...is that people don't really like him

Is it me or is the picture absolutely miniscule? I dunno if it's something on my machine or whether you're posting from a phone or something and that's screwing things up, but I can't even read the picture when I download it to the pc :(

Is it me or is the picture absolutely miniscule? I dunno if it's something on my machine or whether you're posting from a phone or something and that's screwing things up, but I can't even read the picture when I download it to the pc :(

I think its beacuse Rob added the photo as an attachment and not as

To be quite honest, I'm stunned that you found 40% of the American fans that pull for Broner, among the boxing circles where I hang out, your doing good to come up with about 10% ;)

--- What's the % number of ghettoized hiphopper fans in boxing?

They kept Tyson propped up with some 300 million of purses well after he had demonstrable mental disabilities that limited him greatly in and outside the ring. Broner has the typical tunnel vision of his upbringing, ghetto, than anyone of any class, race, religion, or sex might have, and thus the fan base he needs to assuage and cultivate. Hayman is promoting him just like he promoted his music venues, knowing full well the limitations of the market to promote to it's maximum value.

--- What's the % number of ghettoized hiphopper fans in boxing?

They kept Tyson propped up with some 300 million of purses well after he had demonstrable mental disabilities that limited him greatly in and outside the ring. Broner has the typical tunnel vision of his upbringing, ghetto, than anyone of any class, race, religion, or sex might have, and thus the fan base he needs to assuage and cultivate. Hayman is promoting him just like he promoted his music venues, knowing full well the limitations of the market to promote to it's maximum value.

Maybe, but I don't know that we have those casual boxing fans that were so prevalent in the mid-eighties that were kind of actually looking for UFC-type craziness. Mayweather still draws from that crowd a bit, and Broner is trying to be Floyd Jr. JUNIOR but I'm not sure that that audience is still even giving boxing the time of day, I could be wrong.

The ref quite liked him on Saturday. He allowed Broner to elbow, push and "lace" Maidana throughout the fight with no deduction. He gave a few warnings yet did nothing when the offences continued.

Rob-

What is so funny is that Lawrence Cole has been such a lousy Ref and we're so used to see him literally destroy fights with his incompetence, especially when working in Texas for his Dad, that this questionable performance where he did a mediocre to decent job looks like he was friggin' Mills Lane by comparison :laugh: Your right, it was piss poor, but for Cole it was his Mona Lisa.

Besides Broner not being liked, I would say his main problem is that he aint as good as he thinks he is, he cant handle pressure fighing and his power hasn't transferred as he has moved up!

Besides Broner not being liked, I would say his main problem is that he aint as good as he thinks he is, he cant handle pressure fighing and his power hasn't transferred as he has moved up!

Totally agree, not sure where he goes from here, but I don't think we're going to be seeing it at Welterweight, at least not one with a heavy punch.

Totally agree, not sure where he goes from here, but I don't think we're going to be seeing it at Welterweight, at least not one with a heavy punch.

At 140 he will kick pretty much anyone's ass Dave, WW is something he will have to grow into!

At 140 he will kick pretty much anyone's ass Dave, WW is something he will have to grow into!

I would pick Provodnikov, Khan and Marquez to beat him - he can't fight going backwards, doesn't like pressure, doesn't do well on the inside, never uses his jab, no ability to adapt that we've seen.

He's abler to mix it in world class, but to suggest he'd kick everyone's arse seems extremely optimistic to me.

Not sure, it's a tough division with Danny Garcia, Walter Matthysse and Ruslan Provodnikov there. Didn't realise you rated Broner so highly.

Prodnikov for me is the only one who really gives him a tough fight and that would be very close, but ive never been convinced by Garcia and Matthysse is coming off a loss to Danny and his best win in his last 5 was possibly Peterson, who wont handle Broner!!

I would pick Provodnikov, Khan and Marquez to beat him - he can't fight going backwards, doesn't like pressure, doesn't do well on the inside, never uses his jab, no ability to adapt that we've seen.

He's abler to mix it in world class, but to suggest he'd kick everyone's arse seems extremely optimistic to me.

I agree he never handled pressure too well in his last couple of fights but that was at WW, Marquez is done and is fighting at 147 as is Khan who has also moved to 147 , so other than Prodnikov who is a toughie to beat for him who is there that can beat him???

I cant stand the fucker but for me there is no one!

I agree he never handled pressure too well in his last couple of fights but that was at WW, Marquez is done and is fighting at 147 as is Khan who has also moved to 147 , so other than Prodnikov who is a toughie to beat for him who is there that can beat him???

When did Khan move up? Have I been asleep?

Marquez will go up and down as he pleases - it's not like he has to weigh in at welter.

When did Khan and Marquez move up? Have I been asleep?
You must have been, JMM's last two fights have been at 147 and Khan has stated he was moving up to 147 because he was struggling to make weight, he went into the Diaz fight at 142lb

You must have been, JMM's last two fights have been at 147 and Khan has stated he was moving up to 147 because he was struggling to make weight, he went into the Diaz fight at 142lb

Yeah I confused myself cos I still think of Bradley as a light-welter. Khan said he was struggling to make weight but I'm not convinced, and hadn't realised he'd moved up as I ignored his last fight.

There was a time (before last Saturday lol) when I thought that Broner was safe with any one of those guys at 140, but Maidana was a Jr Welterweight "escapee" and was able to hurt him, so I'm not so sure that somebody like

Khan might not be able to as well. It really has put this guy into a whole new light, at least when it comes to what's safe and what isn't.

There's the problem, you have to get onboard with the rest of us that are kicking him when he's down and pointing to every journeyman or prelim fighter as an example of someone who's beat the crap out of him. Join the club, Mofo, it's fun :laugh:

There's the problem, you have to get onboard with the rest of us that are kicking him when he's down and pointing to every journeyman or prelim fighter as an example of someone who's beat the crap out of him. Join the club, Mofo, it's fun :laugh:

Im just sitting back and enjoying the shit off everyone else dave :laugh:

It creases me when I see his reaction to the headbutt though.....that's one pussie right there, it was hilarious, he could have been awarded an Oscar for that one :mlol: