Your thoughts on the Battle of Brooklyn card?

WelshDevilRob

The card took place at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Paulie Malignaggi, Erislandy Lara and Shawn Porter all registered UD points wins, while Sakio Bika held onto his title with a draw against Anthony Dirrell.

Did any of the results surprise you and who were you most impressed with?

What did you make of the card and what next for the fighters?

Re: Your thoughts on the Battle of Brooklyn card?

The card took place at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Paulie Malignaggi, Erislandy Lara and Shawn Porter all registered UD points wins, while Sakio Bika held onto his title with a draw against Anthony Dirrell.

Did any of the results surprise you and who were you most impressed with?

What did you make of the card and what next for the fighters?

--- Haven't seen the fights yet, but Judah's been shot for a while, no surprise, and doesn't Dirrell call himself dog? Seems to fit his result.

Bika is showing wear from all his wars, but glad to see he defending a title for as long as he has it. Porter has been long underpromoted and underrated while Alexander has overrated forever until now, good result.

I only watched the Bika vs Dirrell fight - I switched channels after the fight to catch Kirkland vs Tapia and Rigo.

Bika was crude and awful early on but Dirrell did far too much standing around and not punching. What he was doing moving and raising his hands in the the 10 seconds - I just don't know. His corner was awful - too many people giving instructions. Bika while limited is a tough guy and just kept going and for me did enough.

Dirrell didn't impress me in the least, and that act of raising his hands in the final seconds lost him any fans he'd ever had. Don't expect Showtime to feature him again anytime soon. The only enjoyment I got from it was the laughter I got from the post-fight interviews when both mentioned the possibility of a rematch, which makes exactly TWO people that want to see it........you couldn't pay me to watch these two back in the ring together. Paulie outworked Zab about like I expected him to, Judah has nothing left and it's time to retire, and Paulie might as well join him, I think all he did was buy another payday and he's not to be taken serious despite the win. Shaw Porter looked pretty good, but then Devon Alexander has kind of shown us in the past that he can't only deal with so much pressure and he backs off, which is exactly what happened, and I don't know where the hell Austin Trout's head was at Saturday night. He obviously didn't want to be there, and looked nothing like the guy who beat Miguel Cotto almost exactly a year ago and pushed Canelo hard in April.

I don't know where the hell Austin Trout's head was at Saturday night. He obviously didn't want to be there, and looked nothing like the guy who beat Miguel Cotto almost exactly a year ago and pushed Canelo hard in April.

--- I don't know if Canelo laying on the ropes ducking 600+ out of range shots thrown by Trout was really pressing him.

Trout may have got his chin exposed when he did the Judah chickenwalk after Canelo's booming right hand put him down. He was notably shy about range after that, and as I pointed out with plenty of criticism of OurLadyLara, he's pure spoiler but has learned to turn it up some after stinking out the place against Williams who was unfairly maligned for fighting 3 min of every round to Lara's 30sec at the end of every round. Now we'll see where Trout is after stepping up to better talented and experienced fighters than he was. Has to change his style and go for more gusto, after all, he's fairly big for the weight and punches like a girl who is scared to risk her looks.