Joe Calzaghe, Oscar De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad to be inducted into IHOF

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/b5dc9869b5e58ec93d1fa2f374c111bf_S.jpg

Boxing Greats Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad and Joe Calzaghe will have the official seal of their status, in Boxing, when they join the Legends of Boxing, by being inducted into the International Hall of Fame at Canastota in 2014.

by Rob Day aka @WelshDevilRob

More...

Edited by WelshDevilRob

Legendary promoter joins Calzaghe, De La Hoya and Trinidad in ‘Class of 2014’

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/1b517c4143115f313dd50a44b0b41781_S.jpg

Barry Hearn has been inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.*The legendary promoter joins fighting stars Joe Calzaghe, Oscar de la Hoya and Felix Trinidad in the list of inductees for 2014 and will attend the 25th Annual Hall of Fame Weekend on June 5-8 in Canastota, New York, with the culmination of a week of festivities being the Official Enshrinement Ceremony on the Hall of Fame Museum Grounds.

More...

Oscar De La Hoya to be induction in the International Boxing Hall of Fame

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/6526d6914908285dea2bca4c69bd4b4e_S.jpg

Golden Boy Promotions is pleased to congratulate company President Oscar De La Hoya on his induction to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.* The announcement was made today by International Boxing Hall of Fame Executive Director Edward Brophy."I am honored and appreciative to be inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame, and I thank everyone who has been a part of this journey with me," said De La Hoya, an Olympic Gold medalist and six division professional world champion known throughout the sport as "The Golden Boy". "This is the dream of everyone who puts on a pair of gloves and steps between the ropes, and through the good and the bad, you always hope that when all is said and done, you put on good fights, entertained the fans, and will be remembered for what you did in the ring. To know that I will be in the Hall of Fame with the greats of this sport is humbling, but it's also put a smile on my face that isn't coming off anytime soon."

More...

Re: Legendary promoter joins Calzaghe, De La Hoya and Trinidad in ‘Class of 2014’

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/1b517c4143115f313dd50a44b0b41781_S.jpg

Barry Hearn has been inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.*The legendary promoter joins fighting stars Joe Calzaghe, Oscar de la Hoya and Felix Trinidad in the list of inductees for 2014 and will attend the 25th Annual Hall of Fame Weekend on June 5-8 in Canastota, New York, with the culmination of a week of festivities being the Official Enshrinement Ceremony on the Hall of Fame Museum Grounds.

More...

--- I see also that Graham Houston is a somewhat surprising addition to the HOF, surprising in that not many writers have ever been selected and there's tons of great dead ones kicking the bucket right now over their snub.

Not much British interest in SuperJoe and Hearn either? Did they also take the Grove poison or are they still the good guys on the isles.

Re: Joe Calzaghe, Oscar De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad to be inducted into IHOF

I'm happy with all the inductees. Richard Steele is a great ref, Houston a top writer and been in the business a long time. I don't know the photographer tbh.

--- Steele, not surprising given his long history, esp with two of some the most notorious bouts in history.

Funny how the antisocial ninnies blame him for Chavez/Taylor 1 when Taylor remained mute when asked if he was OK with 2 sec left in the bout after being blasted to the deck by JJChavez Jr as Lou Duva stood on the ring apron hanging on the ropes screaming like an ape on rampage as nobody in the arena could hear themselves think in the bedlam of cacophony. He could either DQ Taylor for his manager's clear break of the rules, KO him for being unable to answer the basic 101 question after a knockdown, "Are you OK to continue," or ignore the two most obvious indicators and let the bout go to the judges who had Taylor ahead on 2 of 3 cards going into the 12th round.

BTW, it was gimpy Ring P4P genius Giampa who amazingly had Chavez ahead as a service to DKing if we want to go back into history to see where his pockets are filled.

Yet the same antisocial ninnies zip their sewer holes when he allowed Roger Mayweather to storm the ring to assault Judah and tussle with ring officials and Judah's camp who jumped in to protect their fighter. Amazingly he also ignored the only true knockdown of Floydy's career when Judah left hook sent him on a chicken dance before touching a glove to the floor to keep from going down right in the middle of the ring where even the 3 blind mice and their seeing eye moles could see an obvious knockdown according to the rules. The irony of Floydy's only official KD being when he dropped to the ring not from a punch, but because of the pain in his hands was also lost on those poor ninnies.

Oh, well, up in Fistic Valhalla these guys won't have big shots and big money protecting them and will get their just desserts or gruel as the cases warrant.