Broner vs Maidana Preview

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/0a877828533e893a5b9769db5c51c805_S.jpg

Marcos Maidana will get his shot at the big time once more when he faces Adrien Broner at the Alamodome in Texas on December 14th in what many are seeing as a defining* and pick em fight for the American.

by Lee Skavydis aka @Skav

More...

Edited by WelshDevilRob

Re: Broner vs Maidana Preview

I really believe that Broner is going to shine in this fight and prove to people the immense talent that he is. Maidana is in for a torrid time.

I've been pooh-poohing the chance of an upset as well, I think Broner is playing the press as though he's not taking the fight seriously and doing his usual job of acting the fool OUTSIDE the Ring, but I'd be willing to bet that in the Gym he's working like a madman and will put on a real show. As always with this guy, I'd LOVE to be wrong and see him on his A** but I simply don't expect it.

Re: Broner vs Maidana Preview

I'd be willing to bet that in the Gym he's working like a madman and will put on a real show. As always with this guy, I'd LOVE to be wrong and see him on his A** but I simply don't expect it.

--- Supposedly his gym work habits are superior, but the guy plods around face first like Brandon Rios gets criticized for and somehow that makes him tops in the Hayman/GB combine.

Give me Malignaggi and his hair braids any day over this guy. Nobody expects squat from Paulie, but he can at least show some decent nuance and pace to blister Broner in their last fight. We'll see if Cole can duplicate his last stellar performance in San Antone for Trout/Alvarez. If he puts Maidana in handcuffs early on Joe Cortez style, well, you'll hear both barrels from this end. Could be a great fight and Maidana's breakthough, stylistically an easy fight compared to the bigger more talented bigger Ortiz whom he almost ran out of boxing with the beating he gave him.