Bob Arum: Manny and Floyd owe the fight to the sport

RINGNEWS24

Re: Bob Arum: Manny and Floyd owe the fight to the sport

Manny has a fight lined up in April with Bradley, JMM and Provodnikov in the running (according to Bob).

If Floyd vs Manny was to happen it would be in September.

How many times have we headed into the new year and been looking at a potential Floyd-Manny fight IN THE FALL??? It's almost like a End-of-the-Year ritual to dangle it out there nine months away. I'm fine with it never happening, but for the love of God, PLEASE stop talking about it, Bob!

I'm fine with it never happening, but for the love of God, PLEASE stop talking about it, Bob!

--- Well, talking about it puts more pressure on Floydy again. Remember, he's had two major meltdowns in the past, the DLH retirement and the Manny retirement/subsequent criminal rampage landing him in prison. Arum knows the fight gets made or Floydy melts again, either way he comes out a winner.

I don't favor a fight years past it's due date, more esp when one of the fighters is a certified stinker in the ring in the best of times, and these ain't his best times save for finally landing on top of the money charts after years of lying by the media. He finally has all the ducks finally lined up in his corner with Manny's recent decline, and he still avoids the topic.

The little Filipino congressman has him running certified spooked!

--- Well, talking about it puts more pressure on Floydy again.

Yeah, he has a guaranteed multi-million dollar deal, nailed-on mainstream television exposure, an unbeaten record and more or less free choice of opponent.

I gotta get me some of that pressure.