Guillermo Rigondeaux Cautions Joseph Agbeko

RINGNEWS24

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/571b60c630d0159395e784df1537a8b3_S.jpg

"I have the power to end this fight at any moment, you better be ready King Kong," Communicated Guillermo "El Chacal" Rigondeaux (12-0, 8 KOs) via his Facebook page.* The warning was directed at his next opponent Joseph "King Kong" Agbeko (29-4, 22 KOs) whom he is slated to face on December 7 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, as part of a triple-header card being televised on HBO.Rigondeaux who is coming off the biggest win in his career after defeating Nonito Donaire is more recognized for his defensive skills and boxing abilities than his power.* Although no stranger to knock outs, having scored eight in his twelve victories, he prides himself in being a "pure boxer".* The victory against Donaire should have catapulted Rigondeaux to stardom, instead he received a lot of criticism from the media and fans who don't appreciate his defensive style.* Rigondeaux shruged any criticism and made no excuses for the way he chose to fight:

More...

Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Cautions Joseph Agbeko

Possibly my favourite fighter. Great to see him back and Agbeko is a good challenge.

He's moving way up on my list too, I don't think there was a fighter in 2013 that made the inroads that Rigondeaux did, and it's funny to say that given that he only fought the one fight thusfar (this being just his second). He's a staple in everyone's Top Ten P4P now, backtrack to last Christmas and many still had him as just a blip on their radar.