Tony Bellew vs Adonis Stevenson - Your thoughts on the fight?

WelshDevilRob

Re: Tony Bellew vs Adonis Stevenson - Your thoughts on the fight?

I thought Bellews tactics were in the rounds 1-3 were good, he was feeling his way into the fight. Circling to the left to stay away from Stevensons big left hand was smart but he wasn't putting enough power into his jabs, they were just mearly powder puff jabs. Stevenson was walking through the Bellew jab too much.

I thought he would of tried to throw a little more back as the fight went on but he seemed to get more defensive. He didn't have a answer for Stevensons bombs, seemed to go into Audley Harrison mode when he got hit. Head movement was terrible also which benefited Stevenson.

I expected Bellew to get KO'd so the result wasn't a surprise. But got to give him credit to get in there with Stevenson.

Stevenson wants Froch next as he beat Bute, that was interesting to hear.

Just watched it....Bellew sounded confident pre-fight but as he got infront of his man, he seemed to just shit it. Impressive display from Stevenson, the guys got power, looks well built for the weight.

Wonder if Stevenson hasn't done himself in by moving up, there are far more big names and fights to be found at 168 than 175. I guess he just outgrew 168...after this he got Kovalev and then what? No more big fights to be made. There are names like Pascal, Bute, Fonfara, Eleider Alvarez and Brähmer, but only the first 2 sound like big sellers.

Bellew fought like a man scared. Thought he was a "warrior"...

Stevenson did what he was supposed to but I do think Bellew's stock should take a hit here.

--- Never knew Bellew had any stock save a few pints hoisted to him in the pubs.

Another Brit travesty, just like the dozens this year with Chisora flagrantly hitting his opponent who was ended up face first in the corner after some action.

Who to thank? The BBB of C of course, the source of all these mealy mouthed officials and controversies. Bout time to start a barrage of cream pies til the miscreants resign to allow fair and honest commishes in.

I don't think Bellew went into the fight with the intent of being strictly on the bicycle the entire fight, but despite being able to move about the ring well in the first couple rounds, it soon became clear that his jab wasn't that bothersome to Stevenson and it was kind of like a mouse that's been fed to a snake, it can move around the cage and stay alive as long as it can, but in the end the fight was only going to end one way.

I think it was a pretty lame and timid effort from Tony Bellew.

In the weigh-in he was shouting and acting the tough guy but once he was in the ring he was very cautious. Stevenson had to follow him around and try and get him to engage.

The ending was great stuff from Adonis, and the way Bellew collapsed from the shots indictates why he back-tracked in the earlier rounds. If Bellew had tried to be more assertive he might have tested Stevensons chin but would likely have been KO'd alot earlier.

Bellew isn't good enough to be a World Champion even with so many belts out there.