I am Now (SPOILER)

mofo2

Re: I am Now (SPOILER)

I agree- Groves impressed me immensely tonight.

On the other hand, Froch looked very out of sorts - he looked nervous before Bute but that ended so quickly it never came into play. I wonder if he just got complacent or whether he's feeling his age - his reflexes were terrible tonight.

However, I thought the stoppage was only a little premature - Groves had looked like he was tiring in the past two or three rounds and I'd have only given him a couple more shots before calling it. I had Groves ahead by a couple of rounds on the cards though.

British referees....best in the world...right?...Right?...

Oh, sorry, I forgot that only applied when it was British fighter v Foreigner....

Just shut up already. :tsk: What happened last night should be PUNISHABLE BY LAW!:mad2: How can anyone say it was legal, I thought a fighter must be not fighting back and out on his feet to be stopped by the referee!

He didn't turn his back, jabroni! You are clutching at straws. He was about to flung himself at Froch when the degenerate ref stopped him.

Clutching at straws suggests I am defending the stoppage...I've made it clear I do not!!

Hearn said the ref told him that Groves' "eyes had gone". If that was the case why didn't he give him a standing 8 count? I can honestly say that is the worst refereeing performance I can ever remember seeing in over 40 years of viewing boxing. And I am not a Groves fan, but the lad was robbed, disgracefully.

Edited by selij

Great performance, I thought he was cashing out and was in for a beating, but he backed it up and went to slug it out which no-one bar Kessler tries with Froch and it nearly paid off. The stoppage was early no doubt, however Froch had weathered the worst of the storm and had hurt Groves in two consecutive rounds and Groves looked done. I said he didn't have long left but the ref was too early. It robbed Froch of a legitimate stoppage and robbed Groves the chance to finish, and Groves deserved the same chance the ref had given Froch in Round 1

Oh ok then...but it sounds as tho you ARE trying to say it was legal.
Within the rules it was legal.....it was just a poor decision to do it at that point in the fight, the referee should have waited a few more seconds to see how Groves was recovering, because at that point he was it appeared just being bombarded and therefore confused more than actually being seriously hurt, ive no doubt he would have got knocked down but not outl!!

Hearn said the ref told him that Groves' "eyes had gone". If that was the case why didn't he give him a standing 8 count? I can honestly say that is the worst refereeing performance I can ever remember seeing in over 40 years of viewing boxing. And I am not a Groves fan, but the lad was robbed, disgracefully.

Standing 8's in British rings, are only done when a fighter is being kept up by the ropes.

I am not a Groves fan, but the lad was robbed, disgracefully.

You are immensely biased against Froch though.

As for the refereeing, you must have missed Cleverly v Kovalev - O'Connor actually carried cleverly to his corner! I didn't like the refing last night but O'Connor was worst ever, followed by the Earl v Katsidis ref(Dave Parris was it?) throwing the towel out and Earl back in!

Edited by gavpowell

As for the refereeing, you must have missed Cleverly v Kovalev - O'Connor actually carried cleverly to his corner! I didn't like the refing last night but O'Connor was worst ever, followed by the Earl v Katsidis ref(Dave Parris was it?) throwing the towel out and Earl back in!

Think that was Mickey Vann

How about the Calzaghe-Manfredo stoppage?

That was Mickey Vann!! What a legend, great fight that was!