Manny Pacquiao vs Brandon Rios - What do you think will happen?

RINGNEWS24

Manny Pacquiao vs Brandon Rios - What do you think will happen?

This Saturday at Cotai Arena, Venetian Resort, Macao, Macao S.A.R., China.

Manny Pacquiao 54 (KO 38) + lost 5 (KO 3) + drawn 2 and Brandon Rios 31 (KO 23) + lost 1 (KO 0) + drawn 1; clash and while it is a big fight - it is probably due to what happened to "Pacman" last time he fought - a stunning KO defeat to nemisis Juan Manuel Marquez. Rios lost a rematch to Alvarado but looked abit flat.

Who wins and what do you expect to see?

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Brandon Rios - What do you think will happen?

I think Pacquiao absolutely batters him, to the point where we may even see the referee stop the fight(though if Uncle Bob has done his job, we may see that regardless). At the very least, Pacquiao by a solid UD.

I think Pacquiao absolutely batters him, to the point where we may even see the referee stop the fight(though if Uncle Bob has done his job, we may see that regardless). At the very least, Pacquiao by a solid UD.

Couldn't disagree more. Yes, Pacman has the speed advantage but Rios got all the other physical advantages-size, power, chin, age, reach. And he is not exactly a punching bag, this kid CAN fight. I think early on Pacman gonna dominate but then Brandon gonna hurt him and later finish him off, not too long thereafter.

Re: Manny Pacquiao looking to slay ‘Goliath’ Brandon Rios

Frankly, even tho I DO like Brandon Rios and have never been a fan of Manny, I don't care who wins as long as he wins fair and as long as fight is not shite. Which can hardly happen with Bam Bam and Pacman in the same ring. May the best man win! :boxing: LETS GET IT ONNN!

Hope that old PRICK Roach dies soon and so rids us of having to watch his driveling and drooling self make dipshit comments.

Classy comments(!)

I suppose you were on that scumbag Ariza's side. I now cannot wait until Pacquiao beats Rios to a pulp just to see the look on Ariza's face.

Classy comments(!)

I suppose you were on that scumbag Ariza's side. I now cannot wait until Pacquiao beats Rios to a pulp just to see the look on Ariza's face.

I wasn't on his side. But Roach is known for making SNIDE, downgrading comments to other fighters. He annoys me immensely sometimes, that man. And Manny isn't beating Rios to a PULP, you all downplaying/ignoring the significance of that ko loss to Marquez-your boy is probably all but shot already!:ranger: And even if he isn't, Rios will be more than enough for him to handle.:boxing25:

I wasn't on his side. But Roach is known for making SNIDE, downgrading comments to other fighters. He annoys me immensely sometimes, that man. And Manny isn't beating Rios to a PULP, you all downplaying/ignoring the significance of that ko loss to Marquez-your boy is probably all but shot already!:ranger: And even if he isn't, Rios will be more than enough for him to handle.:boxing25:

Remember Roach has a reason to make it personal with the Rios camp after their comments about him a few years ago. As to the fight, if Pac hasn't been badly damaged by the Marquez KO he should have far too much for Rios. That's quite a big "if" though.

Remember Roach has a reason to make it personal with the Rios camp after their comments about him a few years ago. As to the fight, if Pac hasn't been badly damaged by the Marquez KO he should have far too much for Rios. That's quite a big "if" though.

That was Margarito camp back then, Rios just took part in the ridicule. :tongue1: I think Margacheato was the one who instigated the mocking however, since Roach mocked him in the prefight faceoff. Wouldn't surprise me either...now that we've all got to KNOW Margacheato, he's come off as a true prick. Classless prick.

--- The incident looked staged at the very least by the Rios camp trying to bait the curmudgeonly Roach by running over their training time limit.

No blood was spilled, no punch landed, maybe a partially blocked kick that nobody could see. Much ado about nutin' like the Daddy Guerrero/Mayweather fight turned out to be. Even that fizzled dud was better than the ring event that Floydy made into a track meet.

Incident probably plays well in Asia where anyone with a smart phone or computer can tune in to the fight for 5 bucks. Hmmm, five bucks x 100 million of the 2 billion Asian market might be the deal of the century!

My boy? I think you are mistaking me for Londonringrules. I don't think Manny will honestly beat him to a pulp but I sure as hell hope now just because of Ariza.

My boy? I think you are mistaking me for Londonringrules. I don't think Manny will honestly beat him to a pulp but I sure as hell hope now just because of Ariza.

You are letting your hatred of Ariza cloud your judgement here. Even Eddie Mustafa Muhammad said Roach's behavior was despicable and racist and that he should appologise to both Mexican fans and all boxing fans.

Re: Things Just Got Real

http://ringnews24.com/media/k2/items/cache/46e37ace68390fccbadd599e6bf27a20_S.jpg

If there wasn’t already enough hype for Manny Pacquiao – Brandon Rios bout on Saturday in Macau, China, what happened yesterday at a local gym created even more pre-fight buzz.*

More...

--- Doesn't seem to be much interest here though, perhaps the lag from recent Pac setbacks.

Hard to know how much Manny has left, but he's been incredibly dynamic in the leadup, really happy to be fighting Rios because of the all action style he brings. The fight may well prove to be one of those epics since Rios has been training for 5 months and might prove to be incredibly tough and aggressive in the kind of action Arum dreamed up for his Macau big fight debut.

You are letting your hatred of Ariza cloud your judgement here. Even Eddie Mustafa Muhammad said Roach's behavior was despicable and racist and that he should appologise to both Mexican fans and all boxing fans.

Did he not call a "Mexican" a "fucking Mexican" and call Ellie Seckbach a "stupid Jew"?

If the Mexican is Mexican is that racist? And if Seckbach is a Jew is that racist?

If someone called me a "stupid fucking Brit" would I have any right to claim they were being racist?

Did he not call a "Mexican" a "fucking Mexican" and call Ellie Seckbach a "stupid Jew"?

If the Mexican is Mexican is that racist? And if Seckbach is a Jew is that racist?

If someone called me a "stupid fucking Brit" would I have any right to claim they were being racist?

I suggest you take erase this post and try again. If you were trying to be funny in a sarcastical way, then I'm not laughing. :ranger: Saying those things is racist on all sides of the world. Dunno about Britain but...lol.

If you're making a general point about someone, it isn't usual to refer to their race, nationality or creed in the process: bringing Mexican or Jew into it suggests it's in some way relevant to your criticism. So if someone called you a stupid Brit, it could be argued they're being racist or why would they bring it up?

If you're making a general point about someone, it isn't usual to refer to their race, nationality or creed in the process: bringing Mexican or Jew into it suggests it's in some way relevant to your criticism. So if someone called you a stupid Brit, it could be argued they're being racist or why would they bring it up?

To make a general statement. Am I racist for saying "English footballer Wayne Rooney"? "American Boxer Floyd Mayweather"? "German driver Sebastian Vettel"? "Talented Japanese female Naoko Fujioka"? "English diver Tom Daley"?

Extending that, what about "gay boxer Orlando Cruz", "lesbian tennis player Amélie Mauresmo", "gay diver Greg Louganis"

What about "Muslim boxer Amir Khan", "Hindu cricketer Danish Kaneria"?

Big Fight Preview: Manny Pacquiao vs Brandon Rios

by Bobby Mac aka @LondonRingRules

Venetian Resort in Macao on November 23rd will be the hottest place to be to be in Asia when the biggest international boxing match in Chinese history hits those shores, Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines vs Brandon Rios of the US of A.

Bob Arum of Top Rank has been testing the shores of Macao since he signed Chinese gold medalist Zou Shiming straight out of the 2012 Olympic Games. Shiming will help shore up the Pacquiao/Rios undercard with his 3rd straight bout in Macao this year. With both Pacquiao and Rios coming off notable losses that might take the shine off a Vegas PPV promotion, the perfect moment to introduce the big fight climate into Macao has finally arrived.

The idea is a type of low cost PPV off the Chinese internet that Arum says has the biggest potential with an Asian population in the billions. Presumably HBO will be still broadcasting in an American PPV format, so we’ll see how the figures are split if and when they release them.

Read more: http://ringnews24.com/index.php/world-boxing-news/item/10970-big-fight-preview-manny-pacquiao-vs-brandon-rios

To make a general statement. Am I racist for saying "English footballer Wayne Rooney"? "American Boxer Floyd Mayweather"? "German driver Sebastian Vettel"? "Talented Japanese female Naoko Fujioka"? "English diver Tom Daley"?

Extending that, what about "gay boxer Orlando Cruz", "lesbian tennis player Amélie Mauresmo", "gay diver Greg Louganis"

What about "Muslim boxer Amir Khan", "Hindu cricketer Danish Kaneria"?

Are you wilfully misunderstanding out of boredom or are these genuine questions? Context is everything referring to someone as a "Stupid Brit" or a "fucking Mexican" in the relevant context is clearly creating an association; referring to someone as a German racing driver is purely factual and unemotive. Do you see the difference?

Are you wilfully misunderstanding out of boredom or are these genuine questions? Context is everything referring to someone as a "Stupid Brit" or a "fucking Mexican" in the relevant context is clearly creating an association; referring to someone as a German racing driver is purely factual and unemotive. Do you see the difference?

Genuine question.

The nationality stays the same regardless of context. A Mexican is a Mexican whether stupid, brilliant, talented or a footballer. For me the part to be offended by is "stupid", the fact you're saying it's contextual is surely beside the point because the fact they've been labeled stupid is differentiating them from other people with the same nationality.

The association isn't that all of that type of people are stupid but that that one in particular is, similar to that particular German being an racing driver. Whether factual or not you are differentiating the two based on a characteristic not their nationality.

"Alex Ariza is an American twat" is hardly differing, IMO to "Alex Ariza is American nutritionist". The emotive word, and offensive one, would be twat in the first example, not "American" in either.

Maybe being someone who takes a bit to get offended I don't really feel being called "British" or "English" could ever be considered racist or offensive, but I still don't understand how the nationality is the offensive part and not "stupid"/"cunt" (ETC)

I don't get offended by any of it either, they're just words, but the intent is what matters. If I were checking an article about Ariza, I would find it very jarring to see someone write something like "said the American nutritionist" - because his nationality is irrelevant and it looks clumsy. Similarly, if I were talking to someone about Ariza and they said "he's an American twat" I would question why the need to bring his nationality into it.

It's also a lot more difficult for British, and indeed white people generally, because as Reginald D Hunter says, we've been encouraged for a long time to see ourselves as individuals, not as members of a particular group. That's why nobody gives a shit about being called limeys or Brits or whatever, except people like the Northern Irish and particularly patriotic parts of Scotland or Wales - because they have come to see themselves as having a collective identity.

Ergo "Margarito, that fucking Mexican" is potentially offensive to Mexicans because why bring his nationality into it?

I think it's wrong to bring nationality into it, but it's been common to do it when talking negatively about someone, with strong emotions. Even some artists are doing it, like Jaz Coleman of Killing Joke who when criticising Bono said "that Irish bastard". :tongue1: