Irish Amateur Stars Paul and Anthony Upton Sign With Johnny Eames

The_budweiser

For the past few months famed manager/coach, and now promoter, Johnny Eames has been busy scouring both the domestic and European Amateur and Pro ranks, searching for top unattached prospects to sign with his and TRAD TKO business partner Gianluca Di Caro’s newly launched promotional outfit, Showtime Sports Events Limited.

Two of the first to ink contracts are Irish Boxing brothers Paul and Anthony Upton, both of whom have had outstanding Amateur careers, that see the youngsters secure no less than seven National titles, as well as numerous International honours, between them.

Speaking shortly after putting pen to paper, Anthony Upton Jr. said.

“I started boxing at five years old, watching the likes of Nicky Cook, Colin Lynes and Kevin Mitchell, which made me want to be there where they was in the amateurs.

Fought out of Dagenham and then moved onto West Ham, where ended up meeting Johnny Eames.

Then we ended up moving out to Ireland, beating the Irish Champion in my first championship outing before going on to win five Irish Championships.

I then went on to represent Ireland in the Four Nations in Wales, beat Wales and then I ended up beating England in the final and came away with a Gold medal.

Read More: http://ringnews24.com/index.php/boxing-news/74062-irish-amateur-stars-paul-and-anthony-upton-sign-with-johnny-eames.html#ixzz2M8hnXQJ7