Floyd says hes ready for 'One Dimensional' PacMan

WelshDevilRob

Floyd Mayweather says he is ready for a mega-money fight with Manny Pacquiao and believes the new WBO welterweight champion is "one-dimensional".

Pacquiao cemented his claim to be the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet when he stopped Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas on Sunday.

Immediately after the Pac Man's triumph at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, trainer Freddie Roach put Mayweather in the Filipino's sights.

But Mayweather has already upped the stakes ahead of any match-up, saying Pacquaio lacks the variety to trouble him.

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports' Adam Smith, the American said: "The thing is with Pacquaio I don't see any versatility as a fighter; he's a good puncher but just one-dimensional."

Mayweather also believes he is on a hiding to nothing in taking on the fight and would be expected to win easily.

"I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquaio do you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man'. If I knock him out they'll say 'you're supposed to knock him out he's been knocked out before'.

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before; whatever I do to Pacquaio has been done before - he's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before.

Step up

"The world's going to go 'wow' if Floyd Mayweather gets beaten. That's what everyone is looking to see."

Pacquaio was reticent to talk about his plans for future fights in the immediate aftermath of his victory over Cotto, saying: "My job is to fight in the ring and I think that depends on (Top Rank's Bob) Arum my promoter to negotiate that fight. I'm just going to take a vacation first and spend time with my family and have fun."

Mayweather thinks the Filipino is running scared.

"When they asked Manny Pacquaio 'would you like to fight Floyd Mayweather' he said talk to my promoter; they didn't ask your promoter they asked you, what do you want to do?

"Manny Pacquaio was asked the same question 'do you want to fight Floyd Mayweather' three times. This is something the world is trying to force on him. If he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather all he has to do is step up to the plate."

What is certain is should the fight go ahead, both men will enjoy a bumper pay-day although publicly Mayweather has said he would only fight Pacquiao if he got the lion's share of any purse.

And should the two men meet, Pretty Boy knows he will be in for another cash windfall.

"If I go out and make $60-75million in one night; come on - I'm not losing."

Source:

www.skysports.com

Manny can never be called 1 dimensional, he's a very gifted tough fighter and a living legend...as is Floyd!!

I can see Floyd beating him with spoiler tactics and smothering him, every bit as much as I see Manny knocking out Floyd..what a prospect the fight is!!

• 8 months later...

One-Dimensional? A conventional one-dimensional beating. That's what will happen to him shall he get in the ring with him.

Mayweather is this that, has speed, defensive skill set... However, he will not be able to handle the volume punching, combination punching of pacman. World class trainer. There is no way Pacman will lose.

I am not a gambling man but I would put my hard earned money on that one.

What's the deal with so many of last Novembers Posts being revived this morning? :) Just kidding, I know that it's a new person discovering them for the first time, and that's great. But what's really interesting is that so many of the November issues haven't been resolved. It kind of shows what a collosal waste of time 2010 has been so far :(

Yeah I'm new to the forum and in late 2007 I really started following boxing. I still have a lot to learn about the sport. I of course am very opinionated and after trolling the internet learning and watching, I found this bad ass website with all you guys talking Boxing and not hurling death threats (lol) at each other for your thoughts and opinions about things so I jumped on the band wagon real quick like.

Over hear people will try to kill each other over stupidity, pure madness. Fecking Americans. Anyhow, you guys are way more civilized and knowledgeable and I felt like I could learn a lot from listening to you guys. Needless to say here I am posting reading learning.

I had to start at the very back and read everything you guys topic-ed. A lot of it is very informative and interesting and your absolutely right, a lot of issues have not been resolved. Probably never will. But thats the fun in it all!

All your comments are helpful and awesome keep up the good work with your articles wheelie.

No problem, Edsel, just because the posts might be old, that doesn't mean they aren't still relevant in a lot of the cases. I'm suprised to hear that you've only been following the sport for three years, your pretty knowledgeable if that's the case, and as far as learning from reading, I can't think of a better group for you to be with than these guys here. Enjoy!

Thanks very much dave... I just posted on thinking it was getting on peoples nerves bringing up old post. A lot of the things you guys topic is not a seasonal thing you know. Relevant year-round. It's fun to hear from peoples even months or years down the road about boxing.

Thanks!!!!!