New and Improved O'Connor Ready for Smashing Return

The_budweiser

Super lightweight prospect Danny O'Connor (14-1, 3 KOs) is putting the finishing touches on training for his return to the ring on Wednesday, September 21, on the Fight To Educate card at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Fighting for the fourth consecutive year in this high-profile charity boxing event, southpaw O'Connor will be debuting the new-and-improved skills he has picked up from working with new trainer, the legendary Ronnie Shields in Houston, Texas.

He will face Mexico's Jaime Del Cid (7-5, 3 KOs) in a six-round in the co-featured bout. It will be O'Connor's first ring appearance since a disappointing setback on ShoBox The New Generation against Gabriel Bracero on April 8.

"I feel good. I'm in great shape and ready to go," said the personable 26-year-old native of Framingham, Massachusetts. "I've learned so much off Ronnie already that I'll be a totally different fighter in there. I made the right decision to move to Houston and train here because I am up a level from before I made the move."

O'Connor's co-promoter, Leon Margules of Warriors Boxing (the other is DiBella Entertainment), says he's happy to see his young fighter back in action.

Read More: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/30441-new-and-improved-oconnor-ready-for-smashing-return-to-ring.html#ixzz1YCPE625o