Dana Whyte plans to piss people off and shake up the boxing world

The_budweiser

UFC president Dana White told media that he's making progress towards an entry into boxing.

He intends to hold a Zuffa Boxing press conference in October to unveil his plans and said: "The ideas that I have are gonna completely shake up the sport and piss a lot of people off."

----

Only thing I can think of is another tournament, yawns......

Re: Dana Whyte plans to piss people off and shake up the boxing world

I've been reading up on this for a few months now. PBC is up for sale as Haymon makes his exit. But details are sketchy still; as is everything to do with Al. As I read it, the price is superfluous but its unclear even to Dana's legal eagles what exactly is up for sale. Is it just the PBC name/brand or does it include the stable of boxers, and what happens to any contracts that haven't run out yet.

Dana is already showing lots of boxing inc Broadway Boxing shows (Roy Jones Jr promotions) and some Murphy's boxing shows.

And he has already stated the best fights will be made irrespective of any tv/network allegiances just as in UFC. There is no swerving in the UFC, which is one reason its 100x more popular than boxing, especially with the yout'. Hence the reason Wilder turned down a veritable King's ransom from Dazn (second only to Canelo's) to stay with the PBC on SHO for fear of having to fight AJ if he did the Dazn deal. (This was before the Ruiz fight when Wilder was swerving AJ like an Olympic slalom skier). This may now come back to haunt Wilder if Dana gets the PBC lock, stock 'n barrel because he will be fighting AJ and soon. Although he may not be so scared of AJ now...……..

If Dana takes over the PBC (as-is) it will not be a bad thing for boxing. And pray to fuck he personally throws Sam and the terrible twins into the 6th row :thumb: