Prograis drops WBSS

LondonRingRules

Re: Prograis drops WBSS

Well that's a kick in the bollocks if it means the fight with Josh Taylor now doesn't go ahead. One of the very best fights in the sport at the moment, would be a real shame if we don't get it.

I think we can all agree though that, as good as the first series was, the WBSS has now run its course and will die a death. Tournament formats simply don't work. Or at least the company overseeing it cannot sustain it for any long period.

Another low blow for our sport.

Well that's a kick in the bollocks if it means the fight with Josh Taylor now doesn't go ahead. One of the very best fights in the sport at the moment, would be a real shame if we don't get it.

I think we can all agree though that, as good as the first series was, the WBSS has now run its course and will die a death. Tournament formats simply don't work. Or at least the company overseeing it cannot sustain it for any long period.

Another low blow for our sport.

I totally agree but I do enjoy prizefighter where the tournament ends on the same night. With the right fighters that make for an explosive night of boxing.

Major tournaments seem great at the start until a fighter withdraws for whatever reason then it just makes a mockery of the whole thing and devalues the competition.

I'm still holding out hope that Prograis is going to fight. This might be a matter of forcing the WBSS to live up to its contractual responsibility to have the appropriate money in escrow. I would have thought that the only way Prograis can get out of the tournament without severe penalty is if the WBSS has failed to secure the money already contractually promised. Otherwise, this could be another Baranchyk situation.