Dreadnought Heavyweight Joe Joyce vs Bryant Jennings.

Re: Dreadnought Heavyweight Joe Joyce vs Bryant Jennings.

Gorman - Dubois is a fascinating matchup !

I'm rooting for Gorman to expose the big stiff, but I sure wouldn't bet on it:

The reach disadvantage is a big deal, considering how slow Gorman's feet are. Plus, his defense sucks.

Plus, all he really has is a right hand. - But that right hand is a deadly weapon. (To be fair, The Dubious One has even LESS of na offensive arsenal, so it evens out.)

And of course, if it goes to the cards, Gorman will need to win at least 9 rounds to get a draw.

But Gorman appears to be very tough. (He'll have to be, given his defensive flaws.) And he goes to the body well.

And his hands are FAST. If he can heard Dubious into a corner, that hand speed, combined with Daniel's dubious fluidity, could spell disaster for Warren's new designated cash cow.

--------------

As for Joyce, Jennings should pose no real threat, though his mobility could bring out the best in Joyce (who already has great footwork & speed of movement) & maybe even teach him some important lessons. - That's if Jennings fights smart & still has the stamina of his youth.

Of course, Joyce is now trained by Abel Sanchez, so it might be worth putting some money down on Jennings, after all. :haha:

---------------------------

I'm really looking forward to this card. (for a change.)

Edited by Cableaddict

As the first bell draws nearer one begins to think about what happened on June 1st at MSG and realises the similarities with the fighters' in this card's main event. I might have to throw something down on Gorman pulling it out tonight. Cannot wait for this card to get started.

As the first bell draws nearer one begins to think about what happened on June 1st at MSG and realises the similarities with the fighters' in this card's main event........

I had to think about that for a moment, but it's really true & in all sorts of ways!

The overall similarity is almost bizarre.

Joyce- Jennings was about as boring as it gets.

Joyce still throws like a girl (Astonishingly bad technique) but his output is high, and was enough to dominate Jennings, who seemed content to do fuckall and collect his paycheck.

I just realized that Joyce recently left Sanchez (lol) for Adam Booth.

Well, maybe he has a future after all, but there's much work to be done.

I hope you've never been a boxing coach in your life Cable :haha:

Pretty obvious to me that Dubois would be too much for Nathan "No Foreman" Gorman from when the bout was made....became clearcut from the second round when Gorman realised he wasn't gonna get anywhere in a firefight. Was an interesting fight and we got answers.

Joyce fight was awful. Dubois would demolish him....

I thought Dubois would win by KO but that was much more one sided than I though it would be. Dubois battered Gorman. Judging by their respective performances he'd batter Joyce as well. Ironically I think Jennings would be more of a test at this point.

was much more one sided than I though it would be. Dubois battered Gorman.

I agree with this......thought Dub would win by stoppage but after probably being outboxed for a bit and landing that big shot.....but no...he dominated!

I thought Dubois would win by KO but that was much more one sided than I though it would be. Dubois battered Gorman. Judging by their respective performances he'd batter Joyce as well. Ironically I think Jennings would be more of a test at this point.

Never rated Gorman to be honest and I wasn't surprised by Dubois performance. I do think Joyce would provide a sterner challenge for Dubois.