Dillian Whyte vs Oscar Rivas - Boy howdy !

Cableaddict

Re: Dillian Whyte vs Oscar Rivas - Boy howdy !

--- Brilliant too fancy dan for this fight. More like slugfest like Chisora save Rivas prob lacking the work rate.

Gotta favor Whyte who's been in with stiffer comp, but I've only seen highlights of the Jennings fight, so it would be easy to be wrong about him. Should be fun with another edge for Rivas being much hungrier than Whyte who's made his and can sleep between silk sheets these days. He's also eaten a ton of punches which is gonna take a toll sooner than later.

60-40 Whyte, and I got to ask why his parents didn't name him Dyllyan?

Whyte's been on a roll lately, looking much better than his "AJ" days, but he never really WAS hungry, it's true.

I think Rivas is a short-armed, fast-handed monster. Not unlike Fat Andy, really.

Ever since the Hubeaux fight, even his defense is pretty good. He fixed that problem of always leaning in, and uses his feet much better.

London, I dunno' how you can call the guy lethargic. Careful, sure. Even boring at times, but he wins rounds. He manages his expenditures, but when he lets go, he typically lets go in huge, aggressive flurries. - And those punches look SERIOUS. Fast hands, and he gets a huge amount of torso twist into both hands, with excellent foot placement / support.

Against Jennings, he took it easy for most of the fight, controlling almost every round but in a safe way. - but that was probably smart, given the extreme difference in reach. And then in the 12th round he let all Hell loose. I think Marc Ramsey is giving him very good game plans.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Never said Rivas was lethargic, but you just suggested it.

Merely stated that Chisora has shown the ability to get into great shape and take great punishment. Best guy Rivas beat is Jennings who is a light tapper. Generally any fight of prime age fighters favors the one with more experience at the top, ie Whyte, but end of the day Whyte still has to do it.

I could be wrong but I think Whyte wins this one comfortably, Rivas best victory is Jennings who has been lined up to face Stiff Joe next, proof if ever it was needed he's shot to shit*♂️