Mighty Joe Parker signs with Matchroom

Re: Mighty Joe Parker signs with Matchroom

Well, I watched with sadness the presser on a YT channel who had the camera zoomed in on Parker and Hearn as Hearn delivered the news of his latest signing. The sadness soon dissipated when the camera panned out and to Hearn's left, Parker's former promoter Dave Higgins sat smiling.

Very pleased Higgins is still part of Team Parker, sad for him that his promotional company is probably done with now but delighted he's still playing a part, he did a great job for Parker and if he was in the USA or UK he'd of had much more success I'm sure, seems a great chap.

So, Parker on DAZN, for his own career and at 27 years of age it's the only move that makes sense really, I didn't hear any mention of Top Rank in the presser though, I thought TR were his co-promoters, did that deal end on March 29th too when his Duco deal expired? I'm sure he can't be with TR anymore but wonder if he bought himself out or if the deal lapsed?

Well done Higgins, another good deal for Parker in the bag but I don't think Parker will be world champion again I'm afraid (unless he gets the WBA regular title and you count that). He's really not good enough but I enjoy watching him fight nonetheless so let's see him in with Dave Allen or Dereck Chisora AFTER he warms up against David Price.

Re: Mighty Joe Parker signs with Matchroom

--- Postmortem after Parker's signing is he candy fight both the Josh/Andy winner and loser. Me thinks the division got more intriguing, esp if Parker is on the undercard of the rematch fighting on of the guys you mentioned.